1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stone chips

smudgy57 Aug 31, 2004

1. smudgy57

smudgy57 Member

is there any magical solution to tidy up stone chips on the front bumbper............thanks

2. justin_1ss

justin_1ss Member

touch up paint stick probably from your local stealer, i need to get hold of one for my car so will tell you prices by the end of the week.

3. Mike.M

Mike.M Well-Known Member

You can also buy some coloured wax to fill the chip.....otherwise its a body shop

4. S3tony

S3tony Member

thers also the likes of chips away or pro finish which travel around in vans and do stone chips, scratches, alloys, etc....

cheers tony

5. smudgy57

smudgy57 Member

cheers lads!!! RED A4 let me know how you get on. as from what i have seen before from these touch-up paints, sometimes they can look a bit crude if you know what i mean, cheers. the trouble is my car is silver and i dont know if i can get silver coloured wax, if not maybe i could try white......time to experiment i think.

6. i brought touch up stic kfor my a3, £5 for laquer and the paint, very cheap. reason for this, its utter [censored]. sticks out like anything, beleive me you will not get a good finish, i wouldn't bother. just get it resprayed if you can. front bumper shouldnt cost more then about £250 i reckon.

7. smudgy57

smudgy57 Member

nice one buddy.........i wont bother then. how easy would it be to take off the front bumper and respray myself?? if i got the paint from stealers.....or am i talking bolox /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif