Stone chips

clockwork.satan

Vorsprung Durch Yer Maw
Reaction score
Hey guys,

As you can see, I'm new to the forum and am hoping that you can shed some light on something that I'm a little hesitant to do.

Namely that my car come with four additional 'features' in the form of four pretty nasty stone chips at the front of the bonnet. I've attempted fixing stone chips in the past with the touch-up brush sets, but they never end up looking particularly good or even a good match to the rest of the paintwork.

Are there mobile chip repairing services that are any good or, if I'm feeling brave, what's the best way to fix them?

the way i do is to get a paint can made up and spray a bit in to the lid the fill the chip up then leave for a few days to go hard then flat it of with 2000 paper and use a rubing block and then buff .. i bet the paint you use is is just touch up ..that paint never will never go hard so when you come to flat it you end up pulling it all out of the chip ...

I was dubious about touch up kits too but I was very pleased with the results using the kit I got from the Audi dealer. And at £8 approx it was a bargain

Cheers for the input guys, I think I might go and get one of those Audi touch-up kits and give it a go. Might have to wait for the weather to improve slightly though. :noway: