1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stone chips - headlight protectors

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Wilkinson, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Wilkinson

Wilkinson Geordie

I've got a nice star chip in my nearside headlight which I hope is repairable. Has anyone got any experience of repairing a headlight rather than a screen and where did you get a kit from ? Will someone like Autoglass do it?
    Also has anyone got any experience of Audi's Headlight protectors and bumber protection film?
    Thanks Guys
    Rob
    2006 2.0 tfsi Sportback

2. h5djr

h5djr Well-Known Member
    VCDS Map User

I have a set of Audi headlight protectors which I use on my previous A3 but I must admit I have not fitted them to my current car. But the headlight lenses on my current A3 are plastic and not glass. I have Bi-Xenon headlights but I'm not sure if the lenses are any different for this type of headlight.

3. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

I have some on my S3 and they are excellent, have a search of my previous posts and there is a topic on them with some pics I posted.

4. unkle

unkle Beer God

Assuming its not a Xenon headlight, A3 headlights are for sale on Ebay quite often for peanuts, sometimes about £25....

5. R&Rfixit

R&Rfixit New Member

Hi there

i do headlight refurbishments .

there are a lot of products out there and trust me none of them work as advertised . its a delicate process .
    if you are interested we fix headlights to mint condition . just send me an e-mail.