1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stone-Chipped Alloy

steverobertsbbc Jun 16, 2014

1. steverobertsbbc

steverobertsbbc Active Member

Was washing and waxing my still miraculously un-kerbed alloys yesterday and noticed a small stone-chip in one of them which I would like to attend to sooner rather than later. What's the best thing to use? They're silver painted alloys (the 17" 5-arm 'Kinetic' ones). Do Audi do a touch-up pen or will the Halfords silver one do the job?

2. The Challinor

The Challinor Well-Known Member Audi S3

Got any images?

3. steverobertsbbc

It's just a tiny hole in the paint, maybe a couple of mm square. I just want to touch it up before water gets in and starts to corrode the alloy.

4. veeeight

veeeight I am a very pretty girl VCDS Map User Black Edition

Maybe just dry thoroughly, and clear Wurth lacquer?

5. jonnythefox

jonnythefox Member

There's alloy wheel repair kits on eBay for around £10-15
    Have not used them but the May do the job

6. The Challinor

The Challinor Well-Known Member Audi S3

7. steverobertsbbc

I've ordered a kit which is supposed to be a perfect match to the Audi silver paint used on the alloys. I'll report back...

8. dieselguy

dieselguy Active Member

Any news on this repair kit?
    I've noticed some stone damage on my wheels so need to sort it out.

9. steverobertsbbc

I have it, but was going to try to do it tomorrow. It really is a very tiny chip, I'm just being rather anal about my alloys. :)

10. Pulp84

Pulp84 Well-Known Member Audi S3

So what would be the code / name for the anthracite colour on C0Z alloys (standard S3) ?

Somehow I've picked up three small chips on my rear wheel - looks like a stone has rattled through it. So annoying! :motz:

11. steverobertsbbc

It's not on Audi's touch up paints list, that only seems to cover body colours. I got mine on eBay, it's stated to be a match for the Audi and VW alloy paint. We'll see!

12. Pulp84

Pulp84 Well-Known Member Audi S3

Yeah - after a bit more research tonight I found this helpful link.Audi OEM Wheels

Basically there are many codes just for wheel paint. I thought my S3 alloys would be 8AU bit that's the rotor dark anthracite colour. I now know my code is 4EE - can't find it being sold online though! Have emailed some of the retailers on Ebay. See what response I get.