1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still struggeling

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by jimmer 22, Sep 1, 2013.

1. jimmer 22

jimmer 22 Member

Right then, im still having what i thought was a leak problem, basically i get a whisteling noise when i hit boost, and a loss of power, sometimes bad enough that it feels like clutch slip, its not all the time but most. The noise really sounds like a boost leak. Iv also got a bit of a flat spot around 2500-3000 rpm when on part throttle, the car generally pulls very well most of the time, there is also turbo lag after gear changes even if giving it a fair boot full.

So far i have replaced

Maf (genuine new bosch)
    Recirc valve (new 007p)
    Puc valve (new)
    N249 bypass
    Pcv delete
    Tryed another n75
    Done a smoke test (no leaks atall apart from the puc valve hense replacement)
    Scanned for codes (no codes)
    Tested actuator (holding pressure and snapping shut nicely)

Im running out of options, lol.
    I done a 3rd gear wot with my vcds light and got 186 g/s (232.5 bhp) so i am achieving good boost.

After changing the n75 the syptoms did change slightly but generally the same, (less lag after gear change, louder whisteling, flat spot reduced)

The car is a 2002 bam s3 with 100,000 on the clock ( completely standard apart from the couple of minor mods above)

One evening this week i will be fitting a boost gauge and doing some logging with full vcds and hopfully this will shed some light on the situation

Pls pls can someone offer any other advice, this is starting to get expensive and extremely annoying,

All help appreciated,

Cheers people

#1 jimmer 22, Sep 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2013
  2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. s3dave

s3dave TFSI Hybrid
    Supporter

I would throw some new plugs in...

4. JUS3IN

JUS3IN 14.0 @ 98mph 2s 60ft

when my relentless manifold came undone there was a loud whistling, maybe one of the manifold gaskets has blown?

5. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost!
    Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group S-line Audi S3

Don't know about the whistling, but I'm going deaf from the shouting! :blink:

<tuffty/> likes this.
  6. jimmer 22

jimmer 22 Member

cheers guys will check both of these,

7. jimmer 22

jimmer 22 Member

this made me laugh...

JUS3IN likes this.
  8. Lavis89

Lavis89 Well-Known Member
    Regional Rep Team Sprint Audi A3 Audi S4

Been trying to find a really loud whistle (on idle) coming from my car for the past couple of weeks. Gasket didn't even come across my mind Even though it is painfully obvious now :mad: