1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Still need polish with Megs Cleaner wax?

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by ~RS~, May 7, 2009.

1. ~RS~

~RS~ Active Member

[May 7, 2009]
    I have just bought a few of Meguiars products from Halfords as they are having a 3 for 2 on cleaning stuff, they got the best of me and I ended up with the following before pulling myself away :)

• Megs Gold class shampoo & wax
    • Megs Clay & quick detailer, free sample of cleaner wax
    • Megs Microfiber wash mitt
    • Megs Hot tyres
    • Turtle wax application pads (for polish, wax and wheel gel/ spray)
    Still need a lambswool mitt as they didn't have them in Halfords, as well as couple of microfiber towels.

Is the cleaning wax to be used in place of polish? It says it polishes, waxes and seals... But everything I read states these steps require individual products??

Should I just get some polish (if so what type for Lava Grey Pearl) or do I use this then the gold class wax?

Excuse the newb Q's, everyones gotta start somewhere ay?!

:readit:
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 28, 2014]

3. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[May 14, 2009]
    The Cleaner Wax is a jack of all trades, master of none - it cleans, lightly polishes and very lightly protects. As a result, I'd suggest washing, claying, then polishing with the Cleaner Wax, and then protecting with the Gold Class to seal it all in. The Gold Class lasts around 6-8 weeks per coat, so make sure you top up regularly. When you run out of this round of products, try the Werkstat Acrylic system next time. It will take everything to the next level in terms of the quality of the finish and the level of protection. :icon_thumright:
  4. ~RS~

~RS~ Active Member

[May 14, 2009]
    Thanks WX51TXR!

I gave the car the megs treatment didn't clay it this time round, as time was a wee bit short, but will definitely be doing the clay soon...

I had come across your very useful polishing guide which explained what these cleaner waxes are, and how bets to use (cheers!).

Still need to read up a fair bit on the detailing but these are the results of a bit of elbow action.

Will give the Werkstat Acrylic system a whirl next...

[​IMG]
  5. WX51TXR

WX51TXR Polished Bliss

[May 18, 2009]
    Nice work! Elbow grease still counts for a lot! :yes: