stigs real name

voorhees

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone hear the news on radio one during Jo Wileys show they said the stigs name but I didn't hear it but later said it wasn't the stig!?

Perry McCarthy and he was indeed, the real stig.

Many moons ago. Been through at least 2 since then.

Yeah, not important really. The Stig's a cool part of the show but the whole country isn't losing sleep over not knowing his identity.

Thought this was 'general chat' not 'MI5 chat'

Its a major part of the show that the Stig is a mystery though. Was at a Jimmy Carr gig a year ago and this question was asked of him, his response was it was Damon Hill during the 1st series and they were on their 2nd ex-rally driver now. Whoever he is, he's a seriously commited driver with rather large kahuna's. Did you see that crash in the Kournigsegg (or however its spelt!) surprised he'd ever want to get back in it again and go faster!!

It was Perry McCarthy during the first series, they then "got rid" after apparently disclosing this fact in one of his books!

Thats when the Jag went off the end of the aircraft carrier and they said the stig was dead.

Apparently Perry was a test driver for Audi and F1

go blow goats - this is an open forum where people can express opinions and talk ****. Have you heard the term tongue in cheek?

ladies and gents, please calm down and watch your language.

i heared on another forum that after Perry it was the guy who drove the rallye car which raced the moutain boarder, cant remember his name but i think he's fairly well known on the uk rallye scene.

Sam