1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sterio amp???

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by dannyh, Aug 3, 2010.

1. dannyh

dannyh Nogaro S3

I like the standard and flush look of my standard sterio and my audi a3 1999reg, so is there such a thing as a sterio ampliier that i can pplug into my sterio and the speakers into the sterio so i keep it all standard but much better sound quality and louder

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. scott b

scott b Active Member
    VCDS Map User

i think, dont quote me on this you could use a normal car audio ampliefier and run them throgh the high pass filter on the amp, but you may find the rear speakers are amped through the standard amp in the boot along with the sub,

best bet if you want good sound quality is to rip all the standard stuff out and upgrade all of the speakers etc, as the speakers them selves are one of the main reasons, along with the low power outputs from the standard amps

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just adding an amp will not produce any better quality from the stock speakers, just louder distortion and eventual self destruction. Add a proper sub woofer to get better quality and far better sound.