1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo Upgrade

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by JamieA4, Jun 24, 2013.

1. JamieA4

JamieA4 New Member

[Jun 24, 2013]
    Hi so I'm thinking at upgrading my cat stereo been looking around for a while now and came across this

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?index=0&sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=350799802088

Now I have a few questions and was wondering if anybody could help me

1. Would this affect the sound quality?

2. Do I need anything extra to be able to fit it (I only have a 1din stereo at the moment)

3. If i do need anything else, do you know what I will need and where I could get it.

I hope you can help me, thank you in advance
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 20, 2014]

3. DieselJake

DieselJake God Mode

[Jun 24, 2013]
    1. Will probably improve sound quality if anything, centre tweeter will stop working (rubbish anyway) also supposedly rear speakers aren't so loud but could always balance this out with eq I'd of thought or upgrade speakers and amp them

2. As you have single din yes, new climate control (or trim existing), new cage, etc, plenty have done the conversion and there's tutorial's if you search

3. Adapter wires and fascia, probably goes without saying.

Haven't trusted unbranded radio's but if it's decent please review.
  4. JamieA4

JamieA4 New Member

[Jun 24, 2013]
    Thanks for that, it's really helped.. Never used un branded stereos before myself but I thought having a detachable tablet in my car might be cool