1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo Swap - Coding Required??

imz Apr 13, 2014

1. imz

imz Member

Hi,

I'm thinking of purchasing an Audi Chorus stereo (currently have Symphony) and was wondering is coding or anything required or is it plug and play?

Thanks

2. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

It will be plug and play, only thing you may need is the code for the stereo - 4 digit one, hopefully the original owner should be able to provide this (if its not knicked!! LOL)

3. imz

imz Member

Thanks for the response Nilz just wondering if you had any advice on converting to single din? Thanks

4. s3mad_dude

s3mad_dude Noggies ruuuule!

You're best asking on here if somebody wants to swap their single DIN for your Double. I'm sure somebody will bite your arm off.

5. Nilz

Nilz Defo worth the wait :) Team Ibis TFSI Owners Group quattro Audi A4 S-line owners group saloon Manual

What do you currently have and whats the reason you want to change it if you dont mind mate?

6. imz

imz Member

Currently got a symphony and a grom usb & Bluetooth kit (which I highly recommend and can get small discounts on for group buys) but this only allows 6 folders on the symphony. On the concert as my brother has it allows unlimited folders and that's the only reason. I have been looking at the Symphony 2 as I think that displays cd+ and cd- buttons as opposed to buttons 1-6 which would then allow unlimited folders.

Apologies for rambling on.

7. Nilz

No need to apologise mate, sounds interesting, to be honest I have not heard of this Grom thing till you have just mentioned it.

It looks quite good.