So i decided i'd make some headway into upgrading the stereo on the new car. I'd pulled the headunit from the old car, along with the sub and amp: Headunit is a Pioneer DEH-P3630MP, Sub is a Pioneer TS-W305C in a fibreglass/MDF enclosure crafted to fit the side of the boot, and the amp is a Sony XM-2100GTX, putting out 250W RMS. I was originally planning on just chucking it in as is, unfortunately the new cars headunit only runs the front speakers, and theres a small amp in the rear side panel that runs the OE sub and rear speakers. This highlighted a number of problems, first off my sub enclosure wasnt going to fit, unless i removed the existing sub and amp, which meant i'd need to rewire the rear speakers into the head unit. After some thinking i went shopping and got a bit carried away: Baught myself a JBL GTO 4000 amp to run the four door speakers, and then after nearly falling over at the price of amp wiring kits, decided i'd be better off making my own. Ordered up 5m of 25mm^2 welding cable, a two way fused distribution block and a pair of 40A fuses, an extra phono lead, 20m of 1.5mm speaker cable and a bigger (80A) fuse for my existing fuse holder, and it all cost significantly less than an off the shelf 4guage kit. I also decided i'd modify my sub box a little. The original setup had the speaker cable poked out thru a hole drilled in the corner of the box: Problem was it wasnt sealed particularly well, so i decided to remove it and look at ways to improve it. Came up with this: Drilled a couple of holes in the rear of the box, and used a pair of M6 bolts to create a pair of signal posts. Sealed the bolts to the box with tigerseal. I then found a bit of wiring loom from my old discovery which had some nice heavy guage cable and a plug. I will solder the speaker cable to the other side of the plug, giving me a nice easy quick release system when i need to move the sub (it blocks access to the spare wheel well) Started to install it all in the car, but didnt quite get it all finished. At the moment the JBL is powering the front speakers only, just to give dawn some tunes tomorrow morning, and the other amp and the rear speakers arent connected. Tomorrows task is to pull the wheel arch trim and remove the OE sub, patch into the rear speaker wiring, fit the sub and finish off the wiring to the second amp and tidy everything up!