Stereo help

Tomrun

Reaction score
I have taken my rnse stereo out of my s3 to fit a new aftermarket one. Only to realise that I can't find the code.
I am now looking to sell it bit I obviously need to code to sell it with. So I went into my local dealership in my car with the rnse ready to refit into the car and they told me that if I'm looking to sell it, then the person who buys it would have to fit it to the car and then go and get the cade themselves. As the stereo is coded from the car itself....

Is this the case or is it just rubbish? Does the rnse have its own personal code no matter what car it's in?

Nonsense, all RNS-E radios need a code when moved to another car. They lock to the chassis numbert when coded so when moving it to another car it will ask for the code

They need the serial of the RNS-E and the Chassis of your car to get it. Without a code not many people will want to buy your RNS as they will think it is stolen

Thats what i thought? they are having me on! I will call another dealership and see what they say.