1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo Help

Jimmer111 Jul 5, 2011

1. Jimmer111

Jimmer111 New Member

Well, i have been doing a lot of research and i am finally getting to the bottom of things. I want to install a Parrott MKi9000 into my 2004 A4 sport, the main reason for the music capabilities, now i have a concert system with bose so that obviously throws up issues... My question though is how do i know if i have a fully amplified or partly amplified system? This seems to make a difference to what conection lead i will need.

Also can't find how to get the headunit out if anyone can point me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

James

Last edited: Jul 5, 2011
  2. alpesh26

alpesh26 Active Member TeamMisano

I think the BOSE system is fully amplified.

You will need some keys to remove the stereo like these: RADIO REMOVAL KEYS/TOOLS FOR AUDI/VW/SEAT/BECKER CAR STEREOS: Amazon.co.uk: Car & Motorbike

The keys go into the 2 slots at the bottom of the stereo. Sometimes the stereo doesnt want to come out with the keys, so you can remove the glovebox (its only 6 8mm bolts, 3 inside the glovebox and 3 underneath) and push the stereo from behind with the keys in.

3. itsmeagain

itsmeagain 1.8T Sport Cabriolet

I had exactly the same issue when I attempted to fit a Parrot Mki9200 to my previous car, 2001 TT with the amplified stereo. I contacted a company called Just car Kits, located in Slough. I ordered the wiring loom for my car which cost £100, I still couldn't get it to work properly so drove down and had the bloke fit it for me. In the end he needed to change a bit of the wiring for it to work fully, I ended selling the car a few months later so removed it anyway. I still have the complete loom available if you need it mate, I would give them a call mate as they are very helpful.