STEREO HELP NEEDED PLEASE

krish

Reaction score
HI i have changed my satnav on my s3 2002 model to a pioneer HU with an active sub.
Sound quality is good however the company that fitted it left the BOSE sub on.
I know i need to change the amp and run the back speakers from a different amp and sub (instead of active) but is there anyway I can cut off the BOSE sub and not the speakers.
Any help would be much appreciated

If you have a full Bose system then the sub is powered independently and can be disconnected at its plug... I assume that non of the other speakers have been changed? if you do have the full Bose then the installers should have fitted an adaptor to connect either the speaker output or line output of the Pioneer to the line input for the Bose system in which case again just disconnecting the Bose sub will do what you need... the Bose speakers are 2ohm rated and if they have connected them directly then I am fairly sure this will end up damaging the head unit... Any Mac is the man for this though, he has been doing it for years and knows Audi's inside out... his stealth sub for the A3/S3 is legendary (I have one , its brilliant!)..

If you want some further ideas on stereo gear installation check out my build thread as I have just done an upgrade to the Bose 'upgrade' :)

<tuffty/>

I have had a look at the setup in the back.. Is the sub plug literally the black block in the left cubbyhole near the lights also there is a green and pink plug on top of unit!

Thanks again!

It's the black plug that is clipped to the sub enclosure, shown below, the bit with the cable going up to it.
AudiBoseSub.jpg

Excellent! Just had a try at gettin off but a bit of a struggle so will try again tomorrow (when it's light). Also AndyMac I have a fli active sub in the back which is wired seperately I take it I can use that wiring for one of your stealth setups intend of the fli?

Many Thanks mate

Ye I have separate power and ground cable going to boot so should fit in! Still having a nightmare getting the plug off! Feels like it's glued on!
Might have to brave it and take it to an ICE centre and ask them for 5 mins of their time :-(

Finally got the plug off today and the system sounds much better! I am able to turn my fli sub up a lot more and no drain! Sounds clearer and much more puncture now that Bose sub is off!

Thanks again guys!

Interesting, was it much of an improvement? Is there any way to remove the Audi sub and run the rears separately to the Audi sub in a non-bose system does anyone know?