1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stereo has no sound

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by andy.l, Aug 22, 2013.

1. andy.l

andy.l Member

[Aug 22, 2013]
    Sorry to fill up the forum with newbie questions. Collected my car today and tested everything on drive home from garage, all was well but there is no sound at all from the concert stereo, it all lights up and station info is displayed ok but not a whisper from any of the speakers?

help me, I need some tunes

andy
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. Mollygoogle

Mollygoogle Member

[Aug 25, 2013]
    Pull it out and see if it is wired up. Chances are the previous owner has had the unit out and not refitted it properly
  4. andy.l

andy.l Member

[Aug 25, 2013]
    Every now and then I switch it on to test and I get about 1 second of sound then it mutes again, I've looked at the small amp in the boot and it's just swinging and not screwed to chassis, maybe that is damaged or causing short in wiring :/
  5. GeoffDunk

GeoffDunk Active Member

[Aug 25, 2013]
    Andy, have you just collected it after purchasing the vehicle? If so, before you dive down the DIY route take it back and get the garage to sort it so the responsibility lies with them otherwise if they get wind of you pulling th unit out to take a look they could wash there hands of the problem.

Just want to make sure you ar enot out of pocket if there is a bill involved.
  6. andy.l

andy.l Member

[Aug 25, 2013]
    Yes I have, ok thanks, will phone them Tuesday
  7. Mollygoogle

Mollygoogle Member

[Aug 26, 2013]
    I would say that the amp moving about is to blame, but as above, let them fix it