Steering woes under acceleration!

GazzaA3

Reaction score
Afternoon all, hope all have a good Sunday!

Just a quicky before I get the car on the ramp tomorrow,
Under acceleration the whole front of my car 'shunts' to the left, and when let off 'shunts' back to the right!!

It happens when I first accelerate, it's not torque steer! But is not right!
Iv not long ha my wheels aligned, so could there be something bent?
What should I focus on tomorrow when is on the ramp?
Thanks all!!

Sounds like something is loose mate, check for everything including bushes. Is it only under acceleration? Or when you go round corners, etc too?

It's only on first burst of acceleration! I'll have a good tighten up tomorrow then!

Odd that it doesn't happen more regularly, check for any play in joints and bushes. Others may have better input on this.

Yea will have a good look at them, I thought something could be bent or something..

I have similiar issue. When steering is bang on centre even on cruise control the car can pull to left or pull to right so am always adjusting non stop i have had tracking done 3 times!!! Dont know what it is

Well hopefully I'll find out why tomorrow! If I do I'll update you!

Make sure your steering rack mount is sound, it could be a diff problem as well, I had a diff let go on my old ST200 and just before it went completely, it would pull left and right, let's hope it's just bushes though.

I bought an old MK3 Ibiza Cupra a few years ago that did this. All the lower control arm bushes where shot and the car would pull to the left and feel floaty under acceleration.

Only had a quick look today as was very pushed for time!
All seem to be ok though! Going to get it jacked up tomorrow!