Steering wheel swap help!!

A4hybrid

Reaction score
Hi all.

I've just paid for a steering wheel from royalsteeringwheels.com and the one I received doesn't have a board in the back (see pics).

New

36CA12FC-2DC6-4CD9-8585-F43B1E089895_zpsdpnnzdmu.jpg

Old

3FF2A116-76D6-402C-841C-9900D5801791_zpsm7iriwys.jpg

I gave all the correct info when ordering and can't see anyway of swapping the board to the new wheel as there isn't a cut out for it.

Any help would be grateful.

Undo the three star shaped bolts and it will all come apart and transfer easily......then refit.

Undo the three star shaped bolts and it will all come apart and transfer easily......then refit.

I did think that but it's a different shape inside the wheel so no recess for the pcb.

The one I have been sent doesn't have the horn pcb only the metal contact bar which isn't the same shape as the pcb
c0b45ed4b84743f9d9e46c02e9774375.jpg

Show it s a pic of old & new with the sunken horn bar so we can see a comparison.

Out of curiosity how much did Royal charge you? Have been considering getting this done as it looks superb ......

Out of curiosity how much did Royal charge you? Have been considering getting this done as it looks superb ......

£125 plus £100 deposit until I send my steering wheel back to them.

All fitted.

DD2076AE-F315-4A63-8A55-46F9B083B74E_zpscanv5zvv.jpg

So all I needed to do was connect only 1 wire to the body of the steering wheel and the other to the airbag frame, chop one earth wire off and it's working.

That does look good!!... must resist, I've got quite a few scratches on my steering wheel, that would smarten it right up.

Although the car is giving me grief with front end knocking noises now I'm at the point of trading it in!.... ****** thing

That does look good!!... must resist, I've got quite a few scratches on my steering wheel, that would smarten it right up.

Although the car is giving me grief with front end knocking noises now I'm at the point of trading it in!.... ****** thing

I have a VGC sport leather wheel in the garage if interested (PM me), as I swapped it for a perforated one.