Steering Wheel Off Centre

Wizza

Reaction score
When driving in a straight line my steering wheel was about 10 degree off centre towards the right.

I had the O/S driveshaft replaced today and now the steering wheel is about 20 degree off centre towards the right but that said the car is still in a perfectly straight line.

Even though the steering isn't affected (i.e. no pulling or steering wheel wobble) the fact the wheel is off centre really is bugging me. :(

Any ideas on best way to sort this? I've heard and read tracking at Audi is a fortune but I know Tweeks do tracking. Do AwesomeGTi do this aswell?

Cheers for advice in advance.

Normally caused by lazy tracking people only adjusting one of the track rods at the front

I would expect they do.
I think it maybe the camber that is out now so... make sure you ask about full four wheel alignment. this should include tracking and camber adjustment .

they would have undone the bottom ball joint nuts to do the driveshaft which would have adjusted the camber if they didnt mark up where it was before, so not just tracking needs checking really you could do with a four wheel alignment