1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Wheel Light

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by JingleJangle, Mar 27, 2014.

1. JingleJangle

JingleJangle Member

Hi All,
    This morning when i went to start the car i turned the ignition on and heard 2 beeps and noticed on the dash the sterring wheel light stayed on, but when i turned the car off and on again the light went.

It was a solid red steering wheel light, just wondered what kind of problems this could be, ive done a search on google etc and some one mentioned maybe low voltage from the battery as every couple of days when i start the car the battery light stays on until i give the car a small rev so if any one could diagnose that aswell that would be great lol
    Its a 3.2 V6 Manual 07 plate A3 sportback just incase you need to know that
  2. Chillout

Chillout Member

Have you driven the car as if it was low battery voltage or a disconnected battery it should go out within 200 yards or so.
  3. JingleJangle

JingleJangle Member

yeah drove it to work and everything feels fine, as i said when the battery light comes on some times when i start it as soon as i drive or give it a small rev the light goes off.

So want to know if this steering wheel light is linked to that as the battery may be on its way out?
  4. Chillout

Chillout Member

it is kind of I would have your battery tested and a scan for codes to rule out a bad rack etc.
  5. JingleJangle

JingleJangle Member

Im hoping it is just the battery as a steering rack can be stupidly expensive cant it? Last thing i need and would make me consider selling the bloody thing. My old A4 was the best car i ever had 4 years and not one problem this thing has had coil packs blowing within 7 months of owning it and potentially now this!!

Any one local to Castle Bromwich, birmingham that is able to do a scan for me? Or would this pop up on them hand held scanners which you can buy as my mate has one of them, and how would i test the battery?