1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

steering wheel controls

hotglove Jan 16, 2008

1. hotglove

hotglove New Member

Picking up a 2003 2.5 TDI Cab on Saturday, had a fiddle with it the other day and noticed that steering wheel controls were not working.
    Car has NavPlus (CD type) plus CD changer
    Wheel is 3 spoke with 2 switches, should they always operate radio/CD controls, or are they programmable? Dealer has said that he will sort it, but I'm curious as to whether it is a fault, or a setup issue.

2. zeratul

zeratul Member

Hi - are you sure they are not the toptronic controls for the gears?

3. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

4. zeratul

zeratul Member

hehe - sorry, always doing that sort of thong!

5. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Moderator Staff Member Moderator TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition s tronic

You silly bigger!

6. hotglove

hotglove New Member

Left hand switch is marked plus and minus, right is up and down symbols, I presumed left was volume, right was up/down CD track or radio station.

7. zeratul

zeratul Member

yeh - that is for the radio. I thought multifunction steering wheels where always 4 spoke. :sorry: