1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Wheel controls

Discussion in 'In-Car Entertainment' started by Greegzar, Sep 3, 2011.

1. Greegzar

Greegzar New Member

[Sep 3, 2011]
    I have just bought an Erisin headunit but am struggling to get an adaptor to be able to use my steering wheel controls with it and do i need one at all ?? The head unit has a connector labeled "steering wheel controls" on it so will that just plug into the steering wheel connector already there ?? I heard a sony one works with it but don't want to buy it till i know for sure. I need it for a 08 A4 Cab.
    Anyone have any ideas ???
    Cheers
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 21, 2014]

3. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 3, 2011]
    Does the Erisin unit support an Audi steering wheel? The information for the steering wheel controls is transmitted over can bus, so the Erisin unit needs to support this functionality.
  4. Greegzar

Greegzar New Member

[Sep 3, 2011]
    Yeah as far as im aware it does, i contacted Erisin and they say they do not have an adaptor for my car they ony have one for VW or Ford.
  5. s8craig

s8craig Active Member VCDS Map User

[Sep 3, 2011]
    I think your out of luck them, fitting aftermarket to an Audi and expecting the DIS and steering wheel to work has always been an issue.
  6. Greegzar

Greegzar New Member

[Sep 3, 2011]
    That's a bit of a nightmare eh, might have a pop at the sony one and see what happens !! :think:
    Cheers anyway mate