1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Wheel Change Help

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by johal87, May 25, 2008.

1. johal87

johal87 Member

hi people, just wondering if any1 could help me out with a quick question

ive got a 2004 2.0 tdi s line dsg, and i wanted a multifunction wheel

now some one has kindly given me a rs4 multifunction steering wheel from a 06 plate but with out the dsg padels,

could they be moved across by any chance??

also im getting very poor fuel economy 35mpg?? :s i was getting 30 in my 225 tt

thanks people

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. Issac Hunt

Issac Hunt Active Member
    VCDS Map User

An RS4 wheel, are you sure its an RS one? RS4's never had DSG so you'll never find one with paddles fitted!

Yes you could fit it but the buttons on it will not work. You could butcher it to fit the paddles but it wont look very good!

You'd be better off sourcing an S-line wheel with the paddles already fitted, then the multi-function buttons will work along with the paddles.

4. JamS3

JamS3 Active Member

He doesn't say it has the paddles!

Think he means he has one without the paddles and he needs them for his car.

5. I'mRonBurgundy?

I'mRonBurgundy? Lets make that kitten purr...

Hey if it doesn't work out for you I'll gladly take it off your hands!

6. PetrolDave

PetrolDave Well-Known Member

The RS4 steering wheel isn't a multifunction steering wheel - three of the buttons are replacements for the up, down & reset on the wiper stalk and the other is the RS4-specific sport button. The only SCSM that will accept the coding to work with this wheel is a B7 A4 SCSM - so I can't see this being much use on an 8P A3...

7. johal87

johal87 Member

its 110% a rs4 multifunction steering wheel, it was a factory option when new, the only reason i have this now is because my uncle who brought the rs4 6 months old didnt like the wheel and has changed it back to a flat bottom "traditional" rs4 wheel