Steering shudder at low speeds

cunny67

Reaction score
Hi,
I have just purchased a 2009 A4 2.0 tDI. Since purchase the steering has been shuddering at very low speeds, i.e. turning into my driveway or parking. I have been reading on various forums that there is a replacement U shaped steering hose that can fix this issue. Is this true? If so could anyone give me a part number. My mate is a mechanic who would be able to fit if I could get my hands on one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

I had something like this when I bought mine, and researched it quite a bit. From memory, it was the earlier models with servotronic steering which were affected, built roughly summer - November 2009. The new hose seemed to fix it for many people - I'm sure a phone call to the Audi parts counter will give you the right part.

For me, the problem was apparently the auxiliary belt slipping under higher loads when the wheel was turned rapidly.

Unless you can get the updated part very cheaply, save your money and time. The shudder will return. Audi never completely fixed the issue.

Audi replaced 2 power steering pumps, steering rack, lower ball joints, tyres, pipes, steering column ALL for this one problem. Guess what, it just needed the full wheel alignment at Audi (Beissbarth machine) it can be very expensive though... If you're paying. Much cheaper than the parts though.

Photo

Hi,
I have just purchased a 2009 A4 2.0 tDI. Since purchase the steering has been shuddering at very low speeds, i.e. turning into my driveway or parking. I have been reading on various forums that there is a replacement U shaped steering hose that can fix this issue. Is this true? If so could anyone give me a part number. My mate is a mechanic who would be able to fit if I could get my hands on one.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers

I had a shudder. Turned out to be linked to oddly worn "sawtoothed" tyres that i'd rotated from front to back.

I have this judder with very low speed turning. Seems like I'll just put up with it.

this started on mine when I fitted the 20s

did anyone get to the bottom of this as i have the same problem and have been told a new u shape hose will fix it but not had any long time test come back to say it worked

spoke to Audi and they have told me there isnt any fix for this its a USA fix not UK