1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering Rack

Birdy Sep 13, 2013

1. Birdy

Birdy Member

hi guys, not been active for a while due work and other stuff. not much has happened apart from a new clutch and odd repairs. but I now require a steering rack. I have spoken to all the local parts suppliers and they wont a lot of money for a recon unit which usually wouldn't bother me but I have to spend a lot over the last couple of months and cant really afford to spend £350 on a rack. could anybody tell me which racks will fit as all of my breakers don't have any S3's being stripped but im sure somebody can tell me that a certain TT rack or Golf 4 will fit cheers.

2. S4 Muzza

S4 Muzza oww! my giant blue head!

TT rack will fit, think it has to be from a quattro though. I picked a used one up off ebay for £80 when the rack went on my old S3.

3. kwistof

kwistof South East Events Moderator Regional Rep

If you are speaking to breakers....then there is at least 1 S3 being broke in the classified on here and also there's usually a few TT 225s and S3s being broken on the 'VAG car parts for sale and wanted page' on Facebook.

4. Prawn

Prawn My other car is a MINI!!!!

S3, leon cupra R (R only!), R32, and TT225 racks are all the same 2.7 turns lock to lock as yours :)

5. Birdy

Birdy Member

thanks guys just abit more ammo to give the breakers when they say "no mate we don't have an s3 in at the min" lol