1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering control module

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Highlanddon, Aug 27, 2013.

1. Highlanddon

Highlanddon New Member

Hi new to this just spent weekend fitting cruise control and mfsw to my 56plate Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sportback i replaced the steering module ending in AH to one ending G can anyone tell me if they are compatible as I now have my esp light and steering light on in dashboard is it just a case of getting the faults cleared I have tried turning steering lock to lock and driving it for a few miles with no joy I hope someone can enlighten me. Cheers. Donnie

2. Advert Guest Advertisement

3. NHN

NHN Retrofitter - Audi - VW - Skoda - Seat
    Site Sponsor VCDS Map User

It will need calibrating & also you have to make sure the slip ring matches the steering module, otherwise it will not calibrate.

4. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

Hi Donnie, welcome to audi-sport.net. Where are you located? Any pics of the car? Enjoy the forum. :) x

5. Dannykn9

Dannykn9 "Cruise My Ride"
    VCDS Map User

"G" module, thought this was not compatible and that "F" was needed? I have always used an "F" for retrofits.

6. Highlanddon

Highlanddon New Member

Hi cheers for quick response I did not think F worked with mfsw I thought it had to be a highline unit.
    cheers. Donnie

7. leeds2592

leeds2592 When I grow up, I want a 964!

The 'F' module is highline isn't it? That's the one I used when I fitted my MFSW and it works fine.

8. Dannykn9

VCDS Map User

Yes "F" is the highline module.

9. Highlanddon

Highlanddon New Member

Hi cheers again for your help looks like I will be putting my original AF module back in and try again thanks again for your help
    Cheers. Donnie. PS anyone in Kirkcaldy with VCDS that can code cruise control,mfsw and iPhone module?

#8 Highlanddon, Aug 27, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2013
  10. mike foster

mike foster Fossie
    VCDS Map User

If it's a 1k0 suffix AF then that is ok for cruise control. You only need a highline for mfsw.

The CC will only work in alternative mode though.

If you want mfsw as well then ONLY 8p0 --- --- version F will work. 1k0 will not.

11. Highlanddon

Highlanddon New Member

Hi Mike the original I removed from my car is a 1K0 953 549 AH but I have another control module here that is a 8P0 953 549 F I take it this one should do the job. Cheers Donnie

12. mike foster

mike foster Fossie
    VCDS Map User

Yep - 8p0 953 549 F will sort both CC and MFSW.

But it will need coding properly.

13. Sandra

Sandra MODERATOR
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator TeamMisano Gold Supporter quattro Audi S3 s tronic

14. Highlanddon

Highlanddon New Member

Hi changed control module to the 8p0 953 549 f today but still no luck with esp light and steering light good news is mfsw works perfect without needing coded could it be the fact that i fitted brand new slip ring does this need coded? or could it be the software version on my original control module k0 953 549 ah is different to the one i replaced it with help !!

15. Dannykn9

VCDS Map User

The steering module needs to be adapted mate, as will the ABS module. Read the fault codes, then search on Ross tech website and it will explain the procedure.