Steering Control Module??

Dan TheMan Welburn

Reaction score
Hi all i done a quick search and theres a fair few threads about the retrofitting cruise control etc, but the specific question im after knowing the answer too, is can i only get the necessary module from an a4? or do the a6's use the same ones?

Go by part number then you know you have the right one you don't have to worry where it comes from

Although in answer to your question I'm not sure if an a6 will fit

i no of some one that does it for 110 all in thats parts and fitting let me no if you what the link

Surely that wont include the module simon? they go for 70+ on ebay etc, i believe the one in my car is the model 8E0 953 549 F, which from my research doesnt support cruise, :S this is why im after either a midline or highline so i can have cruise and DIS

• Lowline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke)
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer (does NOT support Cruise Control!)
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-F 8E0-953-549-S
  • Midline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-L, 8E0-953-549-N
  • Highline
    • Supported Steering Wheels: Standard Steering Wheel (4-Spoke), Sport Steering Wheel (3-Spoke), Multi-Function Steering Wheel
    • Supported Features: Trip Computer, Cruise Control, Steering Wheel Heating
    • Part Numbers: 8E0-953-549-M, 8E0-953-549-P, 8E0-953-549-Q, 8E0-953-549-R

Hope this helps you.

Personally I've got the Highline "Q" variant.

Surely that wont include the module simon? they go for 70+ on ebay etc, i believe the one in my car is the model 8E0 953 549 F, which from my research doesnt support cruise, :S this is why im after either a midline or highline so i can have cruise and DIS

no it does not include the module but if thats needed he then does it all for £190 all in still a good price if you ask me. i have toyed with getting it for mine but i dont no how to check what model i have .

no it does not include the module but if thats needed he then does it all for £190 all in still a good price if you ask me. i have toyed with getting it for mine but i dont no how to check what model i have .

If you don't want to take the steering column apart to check part number then you can try coding the the module with vcds, there is one but you need to change to activate cruise , now if you have the F module non cruise fitted when you try and save the new soft coding it won't save where as if you have the L module with cruise then the changes assuming already not active will save.

scan with vcds to get your part number