1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering column?

rodenal Oct 29, 2006

1. rodenal

rodenal Active Member

Got a '97 a3 with a little 1.6 engine in it thats been givin me a bit of grief for just over a year now.

Latest problem is, im getting a click when i turn the steering wheel from lock to lock, it only happens once and doesnt happen when going over bumps ets its purely when turnign the wheel.

I can feel it through the wheel and although it isnt a loud noise or alot of movement id like to sort it. I have a couple of mechanic friends who both reckon it's the column, however they are by no means audi experts.

Its somethin i could do myself and i can get a reasonably priced new column, however obviously i dont want to replace this for nothing.

Any1 had a similar problem and sorted it?

On a complete tangent im also after a new glovebox cover as mine is creakin like a biatch and a new style centre console insert if anybody can help

2. garratt83

garratt83 Member

On the column issue.

Mine does it too. Its annoying and from what I have found out it is the column. Would be a stealer job. Not cheap either. Someone else on here has got the same prob. Taking mine to a garge this week cos the management light has come on again, will ask them to take a look at it.