1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steering boost settings

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by moogie, Sep 19, 2005.

1. moogie

moogie Member

Spotted this thread at vwvortex - sounds interesting. Has anyone tried/heard of this on a EU-spec A3?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. Karcsi

Karcsi Member

It does. Sounds like you can set the "natural" assistence on the steering so that there is not such a difference between the maneuvering and high speed setting. I wonder, though, whether the high speed setting can be set any lower. Would be useful, because the steering on the A3 is dead to the world when it comes to feedback.

4. tinka

tinka Guest

i hate the steering on mine,electro hydraulic might be easy on the arms but no good for feed back,should be an option instead of standard

5. moogie

moogie Member

I wonder how much you could affect the steering response with this Vag-com modification. I could try it, but would like to hear if someone has done it already. And yes - the default steering feedback could definately use improvement.

6. JaminBen

JaminBen Member

Well, altering the assist boost level will yield neither "more response" nor "more feedback".

The former is directly related to gearing (rack/pinion ratio) which obviously can't be changed by vag-com (*would the TT rack fit???*).

The latter is related to bushings on which the rack is mounted and rubber elements in the steering column itself...