Steering assist basic settings not working

A3jack

Reaction score
hi guys, ive been trying to get rid of the angle sensor code and yellow light off the dash, followed Ross tech procedure, and it didn't work, after having a look through, after turning on the basic setting and clicking done go back, I click on it again to make sure and it's turned off again? I'm guessing this is why it's not working, lost most power steering also, thank you jack any help appreciated.

I'll do it again soon and take pictures as I do it, thank you for the reply

full left lock hold 10 seconds , same with right lock ,then same again left ,then back to centre rest . may have to drive in a straight line forward at less than 15 mph for a few yards. usually clears it np

Pictures,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 191
Pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 192
Pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 162
Getting no reading from angle sensor or movement from wheel, only getting a reading from how fast the wheel is turning.

have you had the steering wheel off by any chance ? and not re-aligned the ring first when refitting it ?

No ive never touched it, should i maybe take the wheel off and have a look?

make sure you disconnect the battery first . dont be tempted to turn the ring , there is an alignment mark on it which should be inline with the notch on your wheel .

Okay thank you, when I do this is it worth replacing the whole steering sensor? As I've found a second hand one for £8 on eBay.

After looking online it's in the steering wheel matey.

If you cannot get it to adapt/basic setting work ,then probably the clock spring (ribbon) has torn partly behind the steering wheel

Thank you for the reply, I had a clock spring go on my megane and it made a crunching noise but this one doesn't make a sound? Or would it be silent, I will try to replace the steering angle sensor on Wednesday and let you guys know, if anyone has any instructions on how to replace this it would be really helpful, cheers jack

Thank you for the reply, I had a clock spring go on my megane and it made a crunching noise but this one doesn't make a sound? Or would it be silent, I will try to replace the steering angle sensor on Wednesday and let you guys know, if anyone has any instructions on how to replace this it would be really helpful, cheers jack

How did you get on with this
Having same problems so would appreciate an update