1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steel Rims, will they fit ??

Diesel Dan Oct 11, 2007

1. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan New Member

I would like to fit a set of Winter tyres to my 2004 A4 quattro. Picked up a secondhand set of Audi 15" steel rims at a car boot sale. They fit onto my wheel hubs OK, but I am concerned that the rim offset may be wrong for my car. ( I do not want to scrub of the rubber to quickly ! ).

The steel rims are 6J x 15" with ET 45 offset. Planning to fit 195 x 65 x 15" tyres. My owners manual states that a 6.5J x 15" rim ( 195 x 65 tyre )has an offset off 33mm.

Anyone know if this difference will matter. Would like to keep my 16" alloy rims ( standard tyres are 205 x 55 x 16" ) in the garage over the winter. they spread a lot of salt on the roads where I live.

John :think:

2. Oranoco

Oranoco Well-Known Member

Been thinking this myself so over the winter months my alloys remain safe.

3. Diesel Dan

Diesel Dan New Member

I have went ahead and fitted the steel rims to my car. Bought a set of Kleber winter tyres from " Mytyres.co.uk " and fitted them myself.

My car is more comfortable to drive now ( 65 aspect ratio compared with the original of 55 ). The handling is good and no fouling of the tyres on bodywork or brake pipes.

Hope I get some snow sometime to try out the quattro drive with winter tyres !!

John :thumbsup: