1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

steamy windows

Discussion in 'A8/S8 forum' started by axelfols, Feb 6, 2005.

1. axelfols

axelfols Member

[Feb 6, 2005]
    Can anyone tell me why my 97 A8 has condensation on windows. The windscreen gets very damp and the rear just steams up when the temperature drops. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Oct 22, 2014]

3. jojo

jojo S3 Drift King! Staff Member Moderator

[Feb 6, 2005]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Can anyone tell me why my 97 A8 has condensation on windows. The windscreen gets very damp and the rear just steams up when the temperature drops. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/froggie_red.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You seem happy about it with the bouncing chap lol. I'm presuming your car has air-con or Climate Control as standard, and maybe it's due for a re-gas of the system?
  4. fnbloke

fnbloke New Member

[Feb 6, 2005]
    It could be the air con system that is blowing moist air into the car.

But is the inside damp for any reason? I recently had the carpets shampooed so there were damp, the extra moisrure in the car casued the windows to mist up when the temperature dropped,

I just dried out the inside of the car by turning the heating up full and opening the windows, so drying out the carpets and letting the moist air out of the car. took about an hour on full while i was driving!! its a good idea to wear a tshirt and shorts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ross /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif
  5. axelfols

axelfols Member

[Feb 8, 2005]
    i never use car that often, only on week ends etc. Could a dodgy seal be to blame because the car is bone dry apart from windows. Confused???
    Cheers paul
  6. 28v6

28v6 Guest

[Feb 12, 2005]
    Yes... that could be the answer, a dodgy seal. Has the windscreen ever been replaced??
  7. GeorgieMcC

GeorgieMcC Member

[Feb 12, 2005]
    HAve you checked the carpets? Have look at the post about blocked drain plugs?

Feet get wet
  8. axelfols

axelfols Member

[Feb 13, 2005]
    The windcreen to my knowledge hasn't been replaced. However, there is some kind of sealant that looks like its growing a kind of fungus?? Maybe thats the problem!!?
  9. GeorgieMcC

GeorgieMcC Member

[Feb 13, 2005]
    Might be the result of the moister rather than the course?