1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steamy Headlights

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Boydie, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Boydie

Boydie Guest

Can steamy headlights be replaced under warrenty?

just noticed last night when washing the car the the lights steemed up :think:

thanks guys
  2. Covenant

Covenant Member

Sounds like the rear cover hasn't been replaced properly. With the cover in place the headlamps should be watertight and therefore not let dampness in to cause the problem.

I doubt you will get a warranty replacement unless there is a physical defect causing the unit to allow water ingress.
  3. alanjonesbath

alanjonesbath VAGOwners.co.uk

In a word, no, unless there is actually water inside rather than a small amount of misting. Its actually mentioned in the manual that some misting can occur on the headlight lens, and should clear after the lights have been on for a little while.
  4. cliveywolves

cliveywolves Member

i get a little misting sometimes on one of my headlights also , nothing major just a little niggle to live with , but does clear quickly....
  5. steve184

steve184 Active Member

i used to get a bit on my drivers headlight too - it seemed to come and go... and come again...
  6. Boydie

Boydie Guest

ok thats fine - ill check round the headlight later today to see if there is any cracks or leaks

thanks for the info guys :D