1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steamy Headlights

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Boydie, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Jan 30, 2007]
    Can steamy headlights be replaced under warrenty?

just noticed last night when washing the car the the lights steemed up :think:

thanks guys
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 16, 2014]

3. Covenant

Covenant Member

[Jan 30, 2007]
    Sounds like the rear cover hasn't been replaced properly. With the cover in place the headlamps should be watertight and therefore not let dampness in to cause the problem.

I doubt you will get a warranty replacement unless there is a physical defect causing the unit to allow water ingress.
  4. alanjonesbath

alanjonesbath VAGOwners.co.uk

[Jan 30, 2007]
    In a word, no, unless there is actually water inside rather than a small amount of misting. Its actually mentioned in the manual that some misting can occur on the headlight lens, and should clear after the lights have been on for a little while.
  5. cliveywolves

cliveywolves Member

[Jan 30, 2007]
    i get a little misting sometimes on one of my headlights also , nothing major just a little niggle to live with , but does clear quickly....
  6. steve184

steve184 Active Member

[Jan 30, 2007]
    i used to get a bit on my drivers headlight too - it seemed to come and go... and come again...
  7. Boydie

Boydie Guest

[Jan 30, 2007]
    ok thats fine - ill check round the headlight later today to see if there is any cracks or leaks

thanks for the info guys :D