1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steaming up headlights

firstglass Oct 4, 2010

1. firstglass

firstglass New Member

Hi all, im getting my headlamps and foglights steaming up after it rains, or wash the car, anyone else had this- 58plate

2. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

shoulnt be happening at all unless they are cheap upgraded parts. its still warrenty go see audi.

3. scottie123

scottie123 (●̮̮̃•̃) (●&#

All of them?

4. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I have the same mate, 09 A3. The inside of the headlights is clearly stained with water marks. Audi refuse to do anything, saying that if I can ever SEE water inside the headlight, to take it to them immediately and get it photographed by their warranty manager, but unless there's WATER in them, not steam/marks, then jack they can do - would love to hear from another dealer about that. I'm guessing yours are the facelift LED/Xenon lights, same as mine?

5. Jonay

Jonay Member

Yeah, I've noticed I've got dust (not quite the same, but same principle) and I'd like to know how to get em cleaned!

6. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Please let me know if anyone gets it fixed under warranty as I'll get mine done!

7. firstglass

firstglass New Member

Yes, both headlams, and both foglights.
    Not had time to go to dealer yet, but as soon as it does it again, i will photograph and post it

8. S3RYE

S3RYE Interior Next!!

i have same problem... i also have dust behind the glass on my instrument cluster which is very very :banghead:

9. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

10. nally

nally MPG the new BPH

why are the older a3s ok?

11. Stiggles

Stiggles Top Gear!

My dad had this problem on his RS6 just shortly after getting it, audi fixed it there and then only took a few days IIRC

EDIT: also on my new headlights this happened for the first few days i think its gone now

Last edited: Oct 8, 2010
  12. sub39h

sub39h Active Member

dealerships treat you differently when you buy an £80k car compared to when you buy a £20k one.

you guys absolutely must get this repaired under warranty. i've been disappointed with Audi's build quality of late

13. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

I've sent an e-mail to Jeremy Hicks and he personally responded this morning saying they'd look into it.

14. DSG TDI

DSG TDI Member

Yeh id get them sorted thats stupid from a new £23k car and when warrenty runs out and m.o.t time comes you will have to replace all affected lights out of your own pocket which i expect will be at least 1k.

15. JCS3

JCS3 New Member

It's happenened to me..
    It is mentioned in the handbook as a result of moisture, and it does clear up, so I wouldn't worry..

16. Scott

Scott Well-Known Member

Mine has been there for many months, so I wonder how long it takes to clear up? Also the inside is actually stained as a result of dirty water I'd imagine, it's not just misted, as that would be ok. I don't see this sort of thing on any other 'premium' car, or at least I haven't noticed it.