1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam Cleaning in North West

Discussion in 'A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)' started by Sarah's A3, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Does anyone know any reliable firms to do a complete steam clean on a car especially underneath.

Any details appreciated.
  2. paddy

paddy Audi=No fault code, no idea

I don't recommend it S. the detergents they use are pretty corrosive and leave alloys bare to corrode. Rubber seals ands gaiters can suffer and electro plated fasteners, especially Cad/Pas and zinc will corrode as well. Also not good for cloth wrapped wiring looms etc.
    If its bad then a cold degreaser like Gunk and a jet wash is better. I would still give most alloy and rubber surfaces a spray with Duck oil after.
  3. Sarah's A3

Sarah's A3 MODERATOR V6 S3 Hybrid Moderator

Yeah I know but its something I have to have done. The alloys I will just thoroughly clean but the underside and arches will need doing.
  4. 1animal1

1animal1 The Clar!! it mouves!!!

I was thinking of a steam clean for my white stitching on the steering wheel a few other bits...... is there any detriment to using a cleaner for that?

Sorry for the slight detraction from the thread, just didn't want to start another on the same subject ;)