Stealer Stick Up

miker

Reaction score
Website
www.getonit.co.uk
Because of the amount of MAF failures Audi are now offering the MAF at £72.57 + Vat on an exchange basis. I needed to replace mine and therefore bought one. I fitted it myself on Saturday in exactly 5 minutes. The point is my mate needed it replaced on his TT and the local Dealer charged for 1 HOUR labour!!!!

I just thought this was taking the preverbial...

Mike
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

But you haven't seen what they charge to take a radio out!

--
katie.

Had an all in price given of £12.57 to change number plates to the "GB" format yesterday - sent the car in with my father and was asked to pay £17.50 labour charge for a two-minute job of sticking the plates on the car. Total price for the plates came to £29.60! Stealers indeed.

[ QUOTE ]
MKD said:
Had an all in price given of £12.57 to change number plates to the "GB" format yesterday - sent the car in with my father and was asked to pay £17.50 labour charge for a two-minute job of sticking the plates on the car. Total price for the plates came to £29.60! Stealers indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to say this, but you really deserve that fee for being soooooo stupid as to a. get 'GB' plates from a stealer and b, ask them to fit them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif - they're there to make money, they're a business WHAT DO YOU EXPECT! But I guess all these sucker jobs help keep labour charges down for the rest of us!!!

As said above, they are there to make money, end of.

I refuse to take my car to the dealer for most jobs, as I'm fed up with them doing a crap job and overcharging, so now every job on my car is done by moi....which is fine unless it's [censored] it down and you don't have all of the proper tooling to hand!

4SilverRings - you are clearly missing the point - which was that I had been given a I price that I was happy with, the invoiced amount was completly different; a stealer stick up.

Anyway, a call to their Service Manager has resulted in a refund of £20.56 on its way to me - leaving the price paid for the plates to be £9.03. Who's the stupid one now?

I went to the stealers 2 weeks back because my engine management light was on. They diagnosed it as being caused by a faulty coolant cap allowing the pressure to drop.

And they charged £2.50 for the cap and £54 labour charge!!!!

Luckly I can claim the money back under the warranty.

some kind of perspective on the issue maybe.when you took your car in with the engine light on surely the technician didnt just lift the bonnet and say "its the coolant cap guv".he would have to of spent time finding out what the fault is,this would be included in the labour charged by the dealer not just for fitting the cap.

[ QUOTE ]
MKD said:
4SilverRings - you are clearly missing the point - which was that I had been given a I price that I was happy with, the invoiced amount was completly different; a stealer stick up.

Anyway, a call to their Service Manager has resulted in a refund of £20.56 on its way to me - leaving the price paid for the plates to be £9.03. Who's the stupid one now?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got the point straight away, it wasn't that hard, and well done for getting your money back! As to your question, 'Who's stupid now?' I'll let you and your dad fight that one out - you for not telling your dad the quoted price (and thus he over paid), or him for knowing the quoted price and pay extra!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]
CALIBRE said:
I went to the stealers 2 weeks back because my engine management light was on. They diagnosed it as being caused by a faulty coolant cap allowing the pressure to drop.

And they charged £2.50 for the cap and £54 labour charge!!!!

Luckly I can claim the money back under the warranty.

[/ QUOTE ]

If your car was under warrenty, why did you hand over cash in the first place?

Presumably he bought the car from a dealer ( not audi) who provided a 3rd party warranty. For small items they always make you pay up front and then claim for it afterwards.. I'll be suprised though if the coolant sensor is covered.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4SilverRings - I'm pleased that you understood the point.

Sometimes it is better to deal with the organ grinder rather than the monkey (particularly when the monkey won't listen. Enough said.

[ QUOTE ]
MKD said:
4SilverRings - I'm pleased that you understood the point.

Sometimes it is better to deal with the organ grinder rather than the monkey (particularly when the monkey won't listen. Enough said.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true bud' and when ya dealer pays peanuts, he gets monkeys working for him /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif !!!