1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stay with an S3 or change?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Stormcatcher, Jan 24, 2004.

1. Stormcatcher

Stormcatcher Member

[Jan 24, 2004]
    How many people would stay with their S3 or get another "newer" S3 or a totally different car?<FORM METHOD=POST ACTION="http://www.audi-sport.net/ubbthreads/dopoll.php"><INPUT TYPE=HIDDEN NAME="pollname" VALUE="1074974866Stormcatcher">

Change or not?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="1" />Stay with current S3
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="2" />Get a "newer" S3
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="3" />Get a A3 3,2 V6?
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="4" />Remain a Audi loyalist (eg. TT, A4 etc)
    <input type="radio" name="option" value="5" />Change completely?
    <INPUT TYPE=Submit NAME=Submit VALUE="Submit vote" class="buttons"></form>
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 20, 2014]

3. jesters3

jesters3 Active Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 26, 2004]
    Tough one, I have a company 02 225 at the mo and looking to buy it in the next couple of months.

Often thought about looking to get the A3 3.2Q, but after checking the stats, you don't get a lot more speed, and you lose the Recaro seats all for a lot of ££. However if a new S3 or RS3 came out then that would be a diferent story. Looking at another thread some German Mag has found a new S3, but it looks like the standard design, maybe has more under the bonnet. If there was an RS3, it could be an avant and more potent with a good looking GMBH bodykit on it or something.

Even so these cars will cost around the 30-35k mark. With a 3.2Q it'll cost 28K loaded (I guess), after you drive it off the forecourt you would have lost a few grand and there will be a few around when you come to trade it in for the new S3/RS3 which you ultimately wanted.

I would save a few grand and go for the newest old S3 you can find. I know Audi Ridgeway have a silver 03 225 for sale at the mo, reason is they will hold their value well for when you come to trade it in as you would have lost little money in depreciation but gained the S3 experience.

Or you might as well wait for the S3/RS3 due 2005 someyear, that is if they ever decide to do them.

Me, I'm buying my S3, the 2nd one I've been lucky enough to drive. Then waiting till 2005 for the RS3 which I will then px with the S3.
  4. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

[Jan 26, 2004]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Stormcatcher said:
    How many people would stay with their S3 or get another "newer" S3 or a totally different car?

[/ QUOTE ]
    I was talking about this to Ess_Three yesterday at a Club GTI meet in Aberdeen yesterday.

What can you get for the same sort of money which buys you the performance, build quality and luxury of an S3?

Very little if anything at all!

I /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/heart.gif my S3!
  5. ben

ben New Member

[Jan 26, 2004]
    I like the S3, but I must admit I do turn a little green when I see a BMW M3, especially in estoril blue on the 19s. So if i were going to change it would be one probably to one of those.