"Statler's A5 Sportback Anticipation and Build thread

Statler

Old enough to know better
Reaction score
Folks Anyone mind if I join in? Ordered 1st April and after 9 weeks waiting I've been given week 28 for my build... Hope to have it on my return from holiday 2nd week August. I've been tarting on another popular Audi forum, some of you will have read this, but for the others Expectant Father... - A5_OC Saves repeating myself.. I drove a Coupe Quattro on Wednesday just to refresh the 'love' as I've been in a stop-gap 1.2 Corsa for the last month. Really looking forward to getting the car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: warren_S5, Snake Pliskin, Shrek5 and 1 other person
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new purchase. Great colour and a great car with a good capable engine!

Week 28 does indeed push you into MY2015 spec which should mean that you get your heated seats, HDD navigation and parking plus as standard. Check with your dealer!

Not sure why you've got such a delay though - my build week is 29 and I placed my order last week!

Also just checked your previous posts and noticed you're not new to the forum and you already know about the MY15 changes.

Still, welcome and good choice

Thanks, yeah, all sorted out with the dealer at no extra charge over agreed price.

Couldn't fathom the delay myself, but at least it's moving now.

So guys, I've an anticipation tread running on A5OC and this one as well.
I think it would be best to keep just the one going and it seems like this one would be best to keep updating. Plus Sandra seems to have a great grasp of the anticipation tunes...!

What do we think? :confused:

Reactions: Sandra and AdamZA
Definitely keep this one alive - ASN is far superior ;) {as if I've tried A5OC!}

Sandra does indeed make the waiting much easier!

Reactions: Sandra
Defo hang around here mate and do the full build up here :iagree:

Reactions: Sandra, Statler and AdamZA
The story so far then.... :sm4:

Hello

I've just ordered a new A5 Sportback. (1st April 2014 - may be significant, who knows!)
I've gone for a 2.0TDi Quattro Black Edition in Ibis white with heated front seats. It's a simple spec that meets my needs.

So, at the moment just 16 weeks to wait for delivery which will hopefully push it into the MY2015 spec...

# Weeks from Order: 5

Still no build date but speaking to the dealer today, it could flip any day. Confirmed MY15 build as well.
Can't determine what that means yet, possibly TPM system as standard and some trim/wheel options changing? He said there weren't a lot of changes and is attempting to clarify.

# Weeks from Order: 6
Did a quick spec change, dropped the heated rear seats and added the LED interior light pack instead. Added folding mirrors. That's it, no more....finalised. Just waiting on 'that' phonecall...
TPM is now standard.

# Weeks from Order: 7
So, my car is destined to be a MY14 build but it hasn't been flipped yet!
MY15 has a cost difference on MY14 of £1040 but since I've paid for heated front seats this brings the cost of the TPM and HDD Nav to an additional £740 and it can be changed...and I've gone for it! It shouldn't affect my proposed delivery date, they say....

# Weeks from Order: 8
Still no build date from Audi Belfast which is starting to irritate me but what can you do? It bodes well in my quest to get the MY15 for no extra cash swapping hands...

I've ordered a set of Audi 6-Arm 17" wheels to swap my winter tyres onto from a company called Tyremen.

Nice dish on them, they should be relatively easy to keep and will save the 19" rotors from winter damage. just need the car to put them onto!

Update from Audi Customer Services: As my car was ordered and deposit paid on 6th April I will get a 2015 spec car for the agreed price. The specs and prices changed on the 28th April and as I understand it they are no longer building 2014 spec cars.
I also now have a build week of 28.

Also, my 6-arm 17" winter alloys arrived today, unfortunately the courier (City Link you barstools) dropped one of them on the outside edge and have lifted a lump of paint off the rim. I know it was them as the paint chips are lying at the bottom of the carton.

It's a ****** shame as, although the wheels are second hand, they are completely unmarked apart from this.
I've raised it with the courier and the sender. Let's see what happens.

# Weeks from Order: 9

Having heard nothing from Audi Belfast I rang this morning to query the price/specification and build date.
After a few back and forth calls they have acknowledged the MY15 spec for the agreed MY14 price so I'm a happy man. They also confirmed Wk27/28 build for delivery 2nd week August. 10 weeks!

On the winter wheels front, Tyremen have let me down and will neither front up for the repair of the wheel, due to shoddy packaging, or pursue Citylink for the repair cost. As these are pre-owned they also don't have a replacement wheel they can send me.

Update: Tyremen sent me through a TrustPilot review request yesterday so I didn't hold back... ;-)

Amazing what a review can do, they've offered the reimburse me for the repair up to £30 which hopefully will cover it.

# Weeks from Order: 10
Wheel left in for repair. No rush on it so will get it back next week. Need to get the tyres swapped off the old BMW rims and we’re good for winter.

# Weeks from Order: 11
Due to popular demand, moved the anticipation thread to audi-sport.net :yes:

Reactions: warren_S5, Sandra, AdamZA and 2 others
Great car and love ibis white.

Heated seats and folding mirrors were the only two options I added on my car.

Great write up log there :icon_thumright:

Got a bit ahead of myself there, I think I'm still on week #10...

Anyway, here's a pic of the winter wheel damage and one of what it should look like.

Chip01Chip02
Winterwheel

Digging through the cupboard last night I found the 034 Transmission Mount that Cuppa sent.

And just to brighten your Friday, eldest offspring wanted the Corsa Limited look inside so we painted the dash panels. Complete pain in the whatnot to dismantle the faceplates, esp the radio but the end result is OK. We wrapped the steering wheel controls as I thought it would be more durable.

Corsadash

Reactions: AdamZA
So guys, I've an anticipation tread running on A5OC and this one as well.
I think it would be best to keep just the one going and it seems like this one would be best to keep updating. Plus Sandra seems to have a great grasp of the anticipation tunes...!

What do we think? :confused:

Ok, i think i need to add some music in for your car waiting time. I dont know how i missed this thread, but better late than never. I will away and get some tunes for you right now. :) x

Reactions: AdamZA
Thanks Sandra, I must add that to the playlists for the car!

Have dug out an old G1 iPod touch for the car but am considering following Warren down the SD/ USB HDD route. He did a great writeup on organising tracks a while back.

Reactions: warren_S5, Sandra and AdamZA
Statler, one thing which I remember is that those old iPod touch units had a volume limit that made the sound suffer in my A3 which had AMI. Once I changed to a newer one I had much better quality music. The good thing about using an iPod is that it's so easy to maintain and select playlists etc. HDD seems like so much more work

Very appropriate! Two ice hockey kits to fit in I'm always looking for space... ;-)

Watching the Mike Oldfield Tubular Bells story on BBC4 - more for the playlist.

Adam thx. I'll check that out.

Trying not to think about it at this stage, ****** difficult tho!
2/3 weeks to build week then hoping for collection w/c 11 Aug so just over 9 weeks..

Sandra, the tears are still rolling down my face, so many times I've seen that sketch on tv and in films but put into words like that, well...!

I justt love that and thought i would share with you. :) x

So, I'm now in :

# Weeks from Order: 11

Email from Audi Belfast, says I'll have a build date, eh, when I get letter from them saying I have a production date... go figure!
They have quoted week 33 for delivery which fits in with my return from holiday in sunny Bracknell.

Hopefully will get a few days to run it in before the return to daily grind, but I'm definitely not thinking about it, no.

So I think that makes it

# Weeks to Delivery: 8 :yahoo:

They have quoted week 33 for delivery which fits in with my return from holiday in sunny Bracknell.

A holiday in Bracknell... you must have really upset someone! ;)

Just down the road from here. Could be worse, could have been Slough... :p

Oh dear, I think we're destined to spend two nights in Slough as well....

I must have been really bad in a previous life!

Reactions: warren_S5, AdamZA, Shrek5 and 1 other person
You boys making me laugh. :) x

Reactions: Statler
Oh dear. :p

My commiserations.

Lol, just noticed your location setting on 'another forum'. We're staying just up the road at the ice rink and will most likely spend evenings eating out in that location. We liked it....

@Sandra Thx for the tune, not sure it'll hit the playlist tho..

Haha, I didn't realise I hadn't set it here updated my profile now. I'm sure that Bracknell isn't as bad as everyone makes out but I've yet to meet anyone who lives there say they like it. Slough (especially the centre) after office hours... :tumble:

Some nice places in Wokingham, a bit Italian dominated though. If you are after a Curry then the Haweli in Twford gets my vote, there's a pub called The Walter Arms in Sindlesham that's worth a look too. If you are short of ideas let me know, although assume you are visiting friends & family so sure they will have plenty of suggestions.

We're stopping off with a family we met at the ice hockey camp last year, hence Slough..

Nathan Craze Elite Goaltending - shameless plug in case there are any ice hockey 'goalie' dad's looking in!!

Found a pub called The Three Frogs last year, food was good, otherwise, pizza or spicy chicken works well for us.
I'll look those other places up, thanks for the suggestions.

To be fair, we had a great time last year, myself and the big fella took a trip to the Brooklands Museum and he had a ball climbing over planes, we didn't realise it was the home of Vickers... more planes than cars.

Not jumping ship, but the Mercedes driving centre looks like it might be worth a try and Goodwood is a manageable distance away.

You'll note that all the things you mention aren't actually in Bracknell... Oh errm, I take it all back, Bracknell is a wonderful place. (Aren't ice hockeyists all mental... I'm not helping am I? :tumble:)

In all seriousness though there are some good places around and about, if you want to get out and do something active Dinton Pastures is worth a look and there's the usual National Trust type places nearby. Pubs that are Three Frogs like you could take a look at The Warren in Binfield, we haven't actually eaten there but they have other pubs and we've eaten at the St. George & Dragon in Wargrave so if it matches that it would be good. The also have the Red Lion near Slough too if you are out that way...

Ok I should probably stop now, people might think I have shares in these place or am some sort of tour operator...

Bringing it (loosely) back on topic if you want to take a look at a Black Edition Coupe then you're welcome to drop me a line. Oh and here's a pic of my old girl to give you taste of what you'll be getting (granted non-BE and pre-FL) but still, keeps the thread vaguely heading in the right direction.

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and AdamZA
You'll note that all the things you mention aren't actually in Bracknell... Oh errm, I take it all back, Bracknell is a wonderful place.

I take note, but when a city centre closes at 5pm you need to take extreme measures.... :banghead:

Thanks for pics, that's very nice.

What's the hole in the lower grille beside the drivers fog light?

Thanks, I think I'd forgotten how striking Ibis White is, looking back at the pictures now I'm almost seeing it afresh and it certainly stands out IMHO.

What's the hole in the lower grille beside the drivers fog light?

That's the hole for the Adaptive Cruise Control radar dome.

Thanks, I think I'd forgotten how striking Ibis White is, looking back at the pictures now I'm almost seeing it afresh and it certainly stands out IMHO.

That's the hole for the Adaptive Cruise Control radar dome.

Don't tell me that my car is going to have a hole in it!?

Don't tell me that my car is going to have a hole in it!?

Nervously checks AdmaZA's spec...

Ummm.... what's the correct answer...? ;)

Yes, I'm afraid it will - it's not a hole as such, you can see the dome through it, but yes, if you have a thing about symmetry then it might be an issue for you.

Nervously checks AdmaZA's spec...

Ummm.... what's the correct answer...? ;)

Yes, I'm afraid it will - it's not a hole as such, you can see the dome through it, but yes, if you have a thing about symmetry then it might be an issue for you.

lol. I do indeed have a symmetry thing - for example I will be really put off buying a car with only one reversing light :p

But I will have to cope with it!

Shrek... quick question, with the ACC do you get slightly different dials in the instrument cluster? I've been looking for a video/picture but I find instrument clusters like this with these red cruise control indicators (sorry don't know how to best describe it). Can't find a video on an A5/S5.

ACC Speedometer Large