Starting problems

Biggles44

Reaction score
Hi all, I recently bought a A3 2.0TDI 170bhp, s-line 2007 with 100,000 miles, privately.

Had the car for two weeks now and love it to bits. The wife got in it earlier, put key in the ignition and went to turn it over and it wouldn't start. I went to try it and turned it over, first of al it seemed liked the battery was vey low, then it turned over fine but took a while to start. Turned it of and turned it over again, again it took a while to start but did. Seems strange as when its running its perfect.
Been looking at forums and a lot are saying injector issues and about a recall. Looked in the service manual and under workshop remarks it says 23k1, is that a recall code, does it mean its been done or to be done ? Can not find anything to say its been done, can't ring audi to find out until Tuesday.

any help or comments will be really appreciated

Tim

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Does this pic from my service book mean the recall has been done or an advisory for it to be done ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 115
Well apart from it being upside down it looks like its been done lol.
Best way to check is to phone Swindon audi and ask mate.
Put ur mind at ease :)
I'd get someone with vagcom to scan ur car to see if any faults have come up as well :)

So with the description I gave in top post, would people say its an injector issue or something else ?
really starting to df me off now :-(

So with the description I gave in top post, would people say its an injector issue or something else ?
really starting to df me off now :-(

Could be the battery. I had starting issues and a new Varta Silver battery solved it.

Seems the factory fitted battery isn't great and doesn't seem to last that long compared to any other car I've ever owned.

Measure your battery voltage before starting and during starting. If you have a cigar lighter socket use this. If your battery is less than 12.4v before starting then it's not fully charged. If your voltage drops below 10.3 volts when starting your battery is struggling.
I use one of these. They're very useful. Ring Battery Tester - Demon Tweeks

07 car, possibly original battery, 6 years old is over the normal usage of them, as above get this tested 1st before condemning injectors as there are other things easier to check like fuel filter, maf etc.