1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting my build

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Andie0, Nov 5, 2012.

1. docurley

docurley Moderator Staff Member Moderator

In my old B5 A4 I had a SouthBend stage 3 which was very OEM to the feel and worked well but when that car got trashed I bought it back from the insurance and stripped her down and did a deal for a Stage 4 Southbend and my stage 3 so not sure of the price plus it was sitting in the shed for like 2.5 years.

A stage 3 will be fine for the mods you’re looking for and the fitting cost me nothing as I had a new bottom end refurb after a oil pump failed and my warrantee covered it.

I have a mate that owns VW enterprise who doses any work I can not do.
    Is there no way of custom fitting the filter in to the original air box as this will solve all issues
  2. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Now have exhaust fitted on the vechile which was done at sts tyre pros in bromley, kent. Would definetly reccomend them as all in withnsports cat fitted came to 770, not a bad price for a full system at all!

[​IMG]
    host images
  3. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Can a mod move this thread to the build thread section please?
  4. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Few more pressies arrived today.. Yayy
    thanks to pabs for letting me no where to get the gauge holder = )
    386cc tt injectors
    [​IMG]
    free image hosting

tip and gauge should be here tommorow and then remap friday at amd essex
  5. bez101

bez101 Yorkshire & Humber Rep.

make sure you get a gauge with a thin bezel or it will rub on the wheel
  6. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Yep i done that only has an bezel of 3mm i measured i could have up to 5mm! Thanks though
  7. bez101

what tip are you geting ?
    any links
  8. Andie0

Andie0 Member

I went for a forge tip in the end as i got sick of emailing evolution racewerks and not recieving a reply, really did want the evo workz one though as it was customisable if you want to change bewteen setups

bought it from Forge Motorsport
  9. bez101

thanks for the link
    are you doing a write up on the tip fitting
  10. Andie0

Andie0 Member

As always with everything i attempt my self i will be writing a how to guide!! Will post it in this thread, also will do one for the gauge fitting, and injector fitting!!
  11. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

Got the forge tip on mine it's well worth it, can be a pain to fit on the turbo, but if you remove the headlight it makes it a bit easier
  12. Andie0

Andie0 Member

I will find out tommorow as got to fit it before i go to amd so i get full potential of the map will post before and after figures!
  13. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Pabs you were not far wrong mate an absolute pig to fit, i had to trim some of the ports to stop bends and kinks, did you find this? Didnt think it was actually amazing quality quite wish i went for the neuspeed now but is alright for now!
  14. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

Not alot of room there especially to tighten the jubilee clamp, i didn't have to trim mine but i bought mine off ebay when i first got the car so it might have already been done, i only paid £30 for mine but yeah i know what you mean about the quality. A nice alloy one would be good but they are expensive,

Driving mine earlier i gave it a boot down the slip road and my esp light and eml light came on and stayed on, got home scanned it and i have got these codes

16486 - Mass Air Flow Sensor (G70)
    P0102 - 002 - Signal too Low
    18265 - Load Signal
    P1857 - 35-00 - Error Message from ECU

Which basically means either the tip is not tight enough around the MAF or the MAF is dead, but either way i have the fun job of taking it all off.

Have you decided on your map yet??
  15. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Nice getting it for £30 i paid 170 in total with all the clamps!!!! Thats strange considering your running a panel filter in standard box so cant be oil residue as the panel filters dont really have mich oil on them! Yer quality is ok but ive heard from the usa lads that neuspeed is the dogsss... I am going to go with revo as i think from all stories i have read and my friends cars revo seem to make most power and are realiable! Hope you sort the maf prob, im sure ive got this all to comeee!
    I just took the motor out half way through writing this to test the tip and wow what a difference feels as if it is pulling harder and for longer, just need brakes now so that i can actually stop at end of the road....
  16. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

What did you trim off yours and roughly how much???

Pulled the car apart this evening after work, changed the MAF easily enough, then noticed that the TIP had come away from the turbo, so i have now pulled the lot out of the car, i was gonna put it back together but its too dark now, just wondering whether to trim or try it again. Bet the MAF was fine but at least i have a back up now and a nice new one on the car
  17. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Had to trim the connection to the n279 valve as it was too long and kinking, and also trimmed the connection which is by the maf top side as was too long and making the snorkel intake stick out too high. Didnt have to trim anything from the turbo side as was a good fit and needed the extra lentgh to pull over to maf! Mine hits the side of the light housing but thats because of my bsr kit, got to modify so it can mobe over to the right abit will take a pic and show ya after i been to apr tommorow decided to go stage 2+ with apr aaaaa... I hope its ok, in bad need of a front mount!
  18. Pabs

Pabs Active Member

nice one mate cheers, mine is the opposite it looks like the turbo connection needs trimming so can get closer to the maf, and the bit that connects to the n75 needs a slight adjustment as it has a bit of a kink in it.

It will be fine without the front mount mine has been for 2 years now, is yours stage 1 or are you going straight to stage 2, you will notice a massive difference, what power do they reckon 230 ish???

Let me know how you get on i want to see what affect your bsr intake has, your gonna be smiling tomorrow
  19. Andie0

Andie0 Member

Yer sprry i ment n75.. Lol i hope so the guy reckons 240 with the stage 2 + but i will let you no once ive been! He sais he did one a4 same as ours that got 248 bhp and 282 tq guy must of been lucky...