Starting my build in two week at last

s3gazz

Reaction score
Well its been a long wait but its happening soon.
Im going to be driving another car so my car will be getting done over 2 month period slow but im doing it never touched an engine before and ill have help off my dad and another member.

Im selling my i.e non rifle drilled rods and getting some rifle drilled ones, piston rings got, agu head got and all done by andrew on there.

Can anyone else recomend things to change thanks and do i get new oil pump and water pump .

Things im buying wile i strip it v3 xs mani
Pipe werz down pipe and decat
New 80mm tip
Head gasket set

Where do i get all the bolts nut and washers from too anyone if and if ya could how many do i need thanks.

Also as its off the road ill be putting new brake pads and discs all round,two new back calipers as one has seized so handbrake not cracking at all.

Back suspension off sand down and spray yellow as there worn and a bit rusty now.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol I hope seeing as this is a build up to your build thread its going to be mega-awesome :nyah:

LOL, I'll be taking photos but the write up won't be any good as it never is by me.... I don't know how to write anything that well..

Last edited by a moderator:
Gaz get all your fixings from the dealer. Id also recommend changing the water and oil pumps.

Have a read through my build thread as I documented everything I bought for my build.

thanks westy so audi for all bolts nuts and washer apart from the nordlock washers.

iv bought my oil pump off ebay for £40, water pump im getting with my head set off a member on here.

cannot wait to start but ****ting it at the same time.

westy what did u do with the vvt valve after fitting the agu head

thank god for that ha my cams have score marks on cyl 3 and 4 so ill keep the agu ones as they look in
good nik with no marks on them. will the vvt be ok just putting back on and running with the agu cams then westy

thanks westy owt else u would advise mate.

thing im worrying about is lining up timing and pistons westy

thanks westy owt else u would advise mate.

thing im worrying about is lining up timing and pistons westy

All the timing stuff is easier then it sounds. Just make sure you mark up the teeth on the cams and mark the chain. The cams and crank pully are all marked up anyway with little marks so it should all be fairly straight forward ;)

thank god for that ha my cams have score marks on cyl 3 and 4 so ill keep the agu ones as they look in
good nik with no marks on them. will the vvt be ok just putting back on and running with the agu cams then westy

If using the AGU cams you will need to use the cam position sensor wheel (on the end of the inlet cam) from your AMK cams.. the AGU wheel is a 2 slot designed for non VVT... the AMK will be a 4 slot..

<tuffty/>

thanks guys ill use that tuffty ill remember thanks should be fun ha .

westy im shore ill sus it out ha with help mate off andrew.

where is the best place and cheepest place for rifle drilled rods please anyone sold others

thanks guys ill use that tuffty ill remember thanks should be fun ha .

westy im shore ill sus it out ha with help mate off andrew.

where is the best place and cheepest place for rifle drilled rods please anyone sold others

Bill sells them...

<tuffty/>