Start of latest project

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
I have been thinking for a while about updating my interior trims but didn't want to use my originals in case I don't like the result.
I got these for a steal on ebay and I have to say they are spotless, seems a shame to mess with them:
Anyway they will be on their way to "Wicked Coatings" next week to be hydo dipped, can't wait for the result.

Reactions: Alex jb
The finish I have seen from "wicked Coatings" is very nice.

What colour / finish are you going for? Wrapped mine in carbon vinyl and I love it!

Just going for the glossy carbon, I would have loved to have kept them original but sadly no longer avalible from Audi in the fish scale alluminum I have

I love that wood, but something had to give I guess.

luck of the draw I guess,i was only looking for some replacement trims so I could keep my originals, I did think of selling them on as they are in fantastic condition but I want the job done now so need to get things moving.

I had mine wrapped in black carbon for 2 years, then felt the interior was too black lol
ive now got silver aluminium carbon effect wrap on mine, brakes up the slab of black in the interior

It dies worry me it will look a bit dark but we'll have to see, if I don like them they will be in the classifieds :D

If its gloss it should look good. I think i didnt like mine as it was matt carbon wrap so with a matt black dash, stereo, steering wheel etc etc and then matt black trims i started to get bored of all the black. The aluminium carbon made the interior feel alot more modern along with the B7 steering wheel i fitted.
look forward to photos

It dies worry me it will look a bit dark but we'll have to see, if I don like them they will be in the classifieds :D

Nah it will be fine! Seen a cabrio on another forum with the same wrap. Looks the business..:icon thumright:

Reactions: mattyboyc
What are you paying to have them done if you don't mind?

I've considered doing something with my black trims, there's an annoying scratch on 1 bit that just always catches my eye!

Around the £200 mark for all 8 pieces, if yours are black you can probly still get them new from the dealer as they are avalibke for the B7, I'm only going this way as the fish scale alluminum that I have is no longer avalible and to replace the whole lot with something else is stupid money.

Yeah I'd like to see these when their done. I'm in the middle of doing mine as well.

I was searching for the cabriolet over in the States that has done his. Couldn't find it but will search a little harder. Trust me, it will look better than what you currently had IMO. :icon thumright:

As soon as they are back I will post up photo's, I have seen a cabby done with sculls at AITP and also an old Ford Granada hearse with the same on it's bumpers and the finish does look good, just need to get them back now.

Would be interesting to see them, especially the Ford Granada haha. Yes do post pics..looking forward to it!