1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stars!!!

toasty Jan 2, 2003

1. toasty

toasty Member

The belt/chain situation confuses a lot of owners and not just independent but main dealers!!
    I would check that the two cam chain tensioners are being replaced with the new parts and even push for a new chain. There's a tensioner fitted at the bottom and top of the engine. It's normally the lower that fails due to oil pressure. There are auxiliary belts however they won't cause catastrophic damage as a cam chain tensioner failing...
    Once fixed the engine and car are fantastic. I'm glad I stuck with it as my car has a 2 yr warranty on the parts fitted and 4 yrs free servicing. How many 4 yr old Audis get that from a main dealer...?

2. Shao_khan

Shao_khan Member

I think it is misfiring, its lumpy on tick over. I was going to whip the spark plugs out and have a look...I was also going to see if I can get my hands on a scope too and look because if the scoring is heavy its most likely a engine swap no?

3. Drill

Drill Member

My car failed both the 1st and second test. Audi Sheffield advised me without any quibbles etc that they would need to carry out the piston/conrod fix which would be done entirely FOC. Booked in for next month :)

4. Moresauce

Moresauce Member

Model: A4 S-Line quattro
    Year: 2008
    Mileage: 64,000
    Engine: 2.0 TFSi
    Oil Consumption: 1 ltr in 300 miles
    Current status: Booked in at Audi Huntingdon tomorrow morning for 1st test.

5. danksy

danksy Member

me too but have some stars boyz!

6. DavidT

DavidT Member

Thank you to whoever rated me with 5, most kind

7. toasty

toasty Member

Thanks for my stars.

I've returned the favour.
    -Dan

8. Pincher

Pincher New Member

I'd like some please. Just a couple though - 5 seems soooo common these days!!

9. danksy

danksy Member

T'was me Dave!