Standard tyres - where's the thread gone?

RichardT

Reaction score
Posted yesterday - thread entitled "Standard tyres". Have an email in my inbox from a response.
Cannot find the original post in the forum.
Anyone any idea where it may have gone?

It would be neat if I got an email to tell me. How do folks in this situation find where their thread has gone?

You do get a notification. Look at the top right hand corner of this page - by the flag ;)

And if you want an email with the notification, just enable it in your settings :)

Reactions: Bristle Hound
I have all my notification flags ticked, but didn't get a notification email. Will investigate further.

And this still does not solve the problem when someone elses topic gets moved.

Posted yesterday - thread entitled "Standard tyres". Have an email in my inbox from a response.
Cannot find the original post in the forum.
Anyone any idea where it may have gone?
Here -
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/tyre-recommendations.233604/#post-2358433

The @ in front of your name should have triggered an Alert in the top right hand corner, as veeeight said. Of course if you've changed your default settings I can't be held responsible for that I'm afraid

@RichardT - BTW I moved your thread to the above link at 1.21pm this afternoon and triggered the auto alert as to that, which I always do when I merge/copy/move a thread

@RichardT - Have you been able to sort your alert notifications out yet?
If not let me know & I'll see if we can sort it out :thumbs up:

Hi BH
Yes I saw where the alerts come out. I had most ticked so got lots of alerts so difficult to find a particular one.
I really only rely on emails. So my main point was that merging a thread looses it for me. I am just doing my nightly trawl through new posts in the forum and there was one that had disappeared, presumably merged with another. But how do I find where that has gone? Can't be bothered to investigate too long. I think that the "tough luck" screen you get should have a reason why it's gone and a link to where it is.
My point is that if I ask a question and the thread is quickly merged with an old one, then the only people that will see it are anyone tracking the old thread.
Does that make sense?
BH - this is not a big deal for me, just asking.
PS - my car was absolutely covered in muck after several weeks of bad weather and me being sick + bad weather. Lovely sunny day today and gave it a good clean - I feel very righteous and pleased with myself, and the car looks great. So glad my wife pushed me to brill red. (Had to clean hers as well to justify the time!!)

Reactions: Bristle Hound