Standard stereo to AUX?

T3nnant

Reaction score
Im sure its been explained lots of times but i cant wrap my head around it so any help would be great!

I have the standard stereo concert which i believe to be concert II as its CD?
20130310_173955_zps7ba374f4.jpg

Iv been quoted crazy prices for a new radio and harness so i can use my wheel controls and sub.rear speakers.

Is it possible to buy something to allow me to plug in an AUX input cable for my phone?

For example.. will this work? Audi A2 A3 A4 TT iPod iPhone AUX input adapter 3.5mm jack CTVADX002 Concert 2006 | eBay

Cheers.

Right, well iv just bought one.. hopefully this solves my problem!

Not to happy about them hiding the cost tho, started off at £80 which i was happy with, suddenly it dropped to £73, then come final payment they charge £5 for shipping and then 20% vat on top!

Oh well still 400 cheaper than before :laugh:

Right well i had some spare time after work and i managed to fit the above item.
first impressions... it works great! and sound quality is amazing for being a 3rd party device.

I had it fitted within 10 mins at a max (after i thought about the wiring which stumped me for a small while)
Still have wire to hide properly as i need to mod the plastic a littlebit, but suits me and my purpose to a tee.

Pardon the mess... havent cleaned the car yet hah.
IMG-20130312-WA0005_zps1900a5d5.jpg

IMG-20130312-WA0006_zpsffae259f.jpg

Right well i had some spare time after work and i managed to fit the above item.
first impressions... it works great! and sound quality is amazing for being a 3rd party device.

I had it fitted within 10 mins at a max (after i thought about the wiring which stumped me for a small while)
Still have wire to hide properly as i need to mod the plastic a littlebit, but suits me and my purpose to a tee.

Pardon the mess... havent cleaned the car yet hah.
IMG-20130312-WA0005_zps1900a5d5.jpg

IMG-20130312-WA0006_zpsffae259f.jpg

Looks good, I have no complaints about mine all my music is on sd cards or usb stick.
Mine is stuck to the roof of the glove box out of the way I have a picture somewhere. :thumbup:

Last edited:
I was going to move it to the glove box, but as it was dark and i really couldnt be ***** breaking out the lamp to try and get the wire through i went for the easier option, + this way i can just plug phone in while on charge.
might dig about my workbox tomorrow for some velcro or something to keep it still.

Reactions: RMH1A4cab
So does this show artist/track names on the headunit display and or DIS?

I don't think the concert II head unit does this anyway, I may be wrong but I've never seen in on a cd or the xcarlink.
My Xcarlink shows CD/Track number on both head unit and DIS.

No it doesnt. but mine never did with a CD either as said above. simply CD1 Track 1

Its perfect though as i use my phone anyway so i just use the playlist on there and choose song via phone.

I have a Concert III (double DIN) headunit that doesnt show any details for a standard CD, but does with an mp3 CD which I tend to use at the moment, looking to fit something I can use with my phone/mp3 player though, and this looks like a good option!

Did either of you go for the bluetooth option?

I have a Concert III (double DIN) headunit that doesnt show any details for a standard CD, but does with an mp3 CD which I tend to use at the moment, looking to fit something I can use with my phone/mp3 player though, and this looks like a good option!

Did either of you go for the bluetooth option?

No I fitted OEM bluetooth at the same time as the xcarlink.