Standard springs

DAZ1985

Reaction score
I have noticed my car sits 10mm lower side than the other. They appear to be standard springs, but the rear ones don't look like a matching set in shape.

It's a 2.5 QS I have searched google for places that sell springs but I can only find lowering springs, i have not yet tried local motor factors but had a quick look on eurocarparts.com and they don't list them online.

I know Audi would be the ideal place, but I dare say they'll be expensive

Im not certain motor factors will list springs for a sport but I'm just guessing

Can anyone point me in the right direction online before I speak to mf tomorrow

Thanks in advance

are you saying one side looks slightly lower,, or the rears look lower than the fronts,, because the rear arches on a B6 and B7 are lower than the front ones,, as for one side could this be to allow for the camber ,, haven't really noticed...

One side at the rear, the n/s spring the one that's lower is a different shape than the o/s. when I say different shape as in one is straight all the way up and one looks tapered

Could this be that it's had a non Quattro spring fitted or an se spring?

I don't mind buying new but don't fancy fitting them to find out the reason why it's lower is because of something else

see your point mate,, need someone who's worked on one, I changed the springs on mine but that was just straight-forward SE to lowering springs,,

When you look at the rear square on you can see its not sitting level. Want everything to be right before I have alignment done save paying twice. Had a few quotes locally and can't get anywhere near the price you had it done for

Yours looked better lower but with towing ill need that extra clearance

The o/s one is this shape - eBay item: 320749417882
(would post a link but I'm on me phone)

The n/s isnt tapered like that

When you look at the rear square on you can see its not sitting level. Want everything to be right before I have alignment done save paying twice. Had a few quotes locally and can't get anywhere near the price you had it done for

Yours looked better lower but with towing ill need that extra clearance

I paid £40 for the alignment and £299 for the westfarlia detachable but that was about 2years ago,,, just keep shopping around mate...

Sorted the tow bar now £160 for westfelia detatchable, £15 for the smart relay, that's all plumbed in now took me time and managed crack the wiring

Selecta tyre in macc have quoted £25 per adjustment but the search continues on that front

As far as springs go, just looked on kyb PDF and that lists Quattro rears but no fronts, having said that the fronts ok

Digger, we're you on SE or sport before? And did you just get lowering springs and keep the dampers as standard? If so, how has it been? I'd love to lower mine to sport spec...or a tad lower so just researching it all.

And sorry to thread-jack. ;)

Digger, we're you on SE or sport before? And did you just get lowering springs and keep the dampers as standard? If so, how has it been? I'd love to lower mine to sport spec...or a tad lower so just researching it all.

And sorry to thread-jack. ;)

Yes mate standard SE,,, and yes kept the same shocks,, just put Eibach sportlines on,, there suppose to lower about 45 to 55m,, but actually lower about 30mm, giving 10mm lower than a standard sport,, as for the shocks they've been fine since done,, 2yrs now..

Yes mate standard SE,,, and yes kept the same shocks,, just put Eibach sportlines on,, there suppose to lower about 45 to 55m,, but actually lower about 30mm, giving 10mm lower than a standard sport,, as for the shocks they've been fine since done,, 2yrs now..

Ooooohhhhh, very nice to know. I suppose I could put them on and see how it goes. We do very little miles in the car. Easily less than 10k a year, so it doesn't get too much wear and tear. I'm off to find some prices. Don't suppose you fit them yourself did you? If so, hard job?

Ooooohhhhh, very nice to know. I suppose I could put them on and see how it goes. We do very little miles in the car. Easily less than 10k a year, so it doesn't get too much wear and tear. I'm off to find some prices. Don't suppose you fit them yourself did you? If so, hard job?

I did fit them my self with some help,, it was 2 yrs ago from what I can remember the rears were easy enough but the fronts were a bit of a pain,,, if you look at CMD's thread everyones selling up from yesterday i posted a pict of mine,, you can see the height...

Cheers mate! Loving the car in that pic, the best colour too ;)

If I lower mine i'll be running it on the standard 16's for a bit while I try find some of the 17" sport alloys. I can't justify the tyre prices for any bigger lol. My bro-in-law is handy with cars, so I think i'll speak to him tomorrow and see if he reckons he can help with it.