1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standard S3 or not?

Discussion in 'A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)' started by Grant, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Grant

Grant Well-Known Member

[Dec 4, 2003]
    I'm collecting my S3 next week and was wondering if the anti roll bar across the front suspension struts is standard on the S3?

I have never seen a car come with that before so I thought the previous owner added it? Not that I'm complaining! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  2. Ads

Ads

[Sep 21, 2014]

3. adjturbo

adjturbo Member

[Dec 4, 2003]
    I believe it was a factory option.

Adam
  4. mramage

mramage Member

[Dec 4, 2003]

It's standard. I never even noticed it until someone pointed it out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif
  5. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Dec 5, 2003]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Mark R said:

Ah, thanks for putting me right Gambba, didn't realise it wasn't always standard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Doesn't mean I'm completely right.....as I recall on some cars there is a black box (for the alarm IIRC) in the way so the brace could not be fitted.....I think there may be some pics in the gallery of an S3 without the brace...
  6. Gambba

Gambba Active Member

[Dec 5, 2003]
    The below is a link to Gavs S3 which does not have the brace fitted, and it's a pre-facelift......so what do we guess from that.....not sure /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Gavs S3