Standard or how it is?

S3featesV9

Reaction score
Ok, so car is all up and running again. Went to see it earlier and didn't even get that excited like I did previously. Think I've been without it for so long, that I've felt out 'of love' with it I suppose. It may be a different story when I actually get it cleaned up and driving it every day again.

But my question is, is it worth putting it standard to sell (if I do). Or advertise it as it is. Not that many mods, Compared to some ppl on here anyway.

Things id remove and replace standard would be,

Jetex,
B5 tip,
15/20mm spacers (+bolts)
R32 Rarb
Boost gauge
007p

Obviously exhaust, rods, splitter, and mapped ECU can stay put.

Even writing this makes my wonder why I'm even considering selling it after all my havoc with the garage and bottom end.

But it's on my mind that I may sell in the coming months.

(btw, no parts listed are for sale yet)

Don't sell it mate,you put a lot of money into it, rods, exhaust etc. But if you feel you really want to get rid, is advise selling the mods seperate and selling the car as standard

It'll be easier to sell with all the mods, but I think you'd make more money selling the mods separately.

e.g. id buy the R32arb, 007p and tip off you...

Dan

Too much money, makes me sick. Woulnt mind if it was amazing quick 500bhp or something. Be worth the £. But between me and my dad it's been touching 5k in repairs within the last three & 1/2 years. which is alot tbh. Probably could of been done cheaper.

I dont really want to sell, because I've searched auto trader, piston head and so on. And there's nothing I go, wow I really want this over the s3.

But part of me says, me and the car have a bumpy past so move on and start fresh.

This is why I wanted to post this up. Get ppl views and opinions on it all.
What would you do?
What's the sensible thing to do?

Does the car run ok? If so id keep it for a few more months and see how you feel then.

Dan

Check it's running as it should, my S3 never feels dull and puts a smile on my face when I give it beans, I know a cars "feel" is subjective and the S3 can often not feel as fast as it actually is, but possibly yours is not giving all the go it should and once rectified will bring a smile back to your face.

Yeah runs good now. Palaver with bottom ends been solved. Crank was shot. There doing two days of running in and oil changes now, will collect it Friday if nothing goes wrong.

Fingers crossed. Suppose I'll see how it goes when I get it back.

Definately keep it! I toyed with the idea of selling my car but now I've decided to keep her forever! Eventually I'm going to retire her and strip her out to use as a bit of a toy! That won't be for a good few years though

Nice one ..stick with it now the only way is up! ish...;)

Loving the ish. Lol. Cannot wait for Friday. Just hoping and praying that it is the end. If it isn't then I have no idea. As EVERYTHING has been replaced or cleaned.

Will post a thumbs up or down on Friday

Definately keep it! I toyed with the idea of selling my car but now I've decided to keep her forever! Eventually I'm going to retire her and strip her out to use as a bit of a toy! That won't be for a good few years though

It's a her Is it? Mines a boy...called trev! And I miss trev alot. Been driving a 2.0tdi ford galaxy in purple the last month. Epic road respect in that. Naaat.

mines a boy too, called adolf.

i say keep. there comes a point in modding where, in my opinion, there is no point in selling. seems you are way past that point with the money and time put in. when its done you will have a great car, with a great base for ALOT more

mines a boy too, called adolf.

i say keep. there comes a point in modding where, in my opinion, there is no point in selling. seems you are way past that point with the money and time put in. when its done you will have a great car, with a great base for ALOT more

I am way past the point of return. I love the car too. It's just a massive gamble that it doesn't go wrong again any time soon, which it shouldn't. As the engine has been completely rebuilt now.

It needs a new remap even if I was to sell anyway, as the boost is so high it's fluttery on acceleration, think its something to do with turbo spooling. No idea.

I this is the light at the end of the tunnel and the cars problems are over then you should keep it. Any other car you buy (except new) is likely to have issues.

At the end of the day you've been extremely unlucky and this is hopefully the end of the problems. Once you have her back, run in, and cleaned up your love for it will return.

I think My car is the definition of 'money pit club'

News: first 25 miles have been successful!!

Only another 75 to go and the car is mine again. Should I ask them to have it another day and do more miles or is the 100 enough?

I think My car is the definition of 'money pit club'

News: first 25 miles have been successful!!

Only another 75 to go and the car is mine again. Should I ask them to have it another day and do more miles or is the 100 enough?

Are they running it in hard to seal the rings properly? Need to drop the oil after 30 miles then leave till 500 miles then put the good stuff in.

Rings are already run in. I did 1000 miles approx before bottom end went again.

The running in now is for the new crank and associated bearings.