Standard map...

ben4866

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm whether the boost on standard AGU should be so progressive, at 2k rpm I get 2psi... 3k around 4psi... 4k around 6psi ?

The car feels really gutless but maybe thats how it should be in standard tune ?

Ive tried a MBC and set it to 6psi and it totally trasforms the car, it gives it some torque low down hitting 6psi at 2k.

I know I'm not talking about particularly large amounts of boost but just wondered if its how the standard cars are ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Westle, 12 PSI would be standard on a 180 model or an S3, .

The AGU will be spiking MAX 8 PSI. You need to rememebr too that boost is load related. I bet if you stuck your car on a steep hill and tried again you would have full boost by 2500 rpm

Westle, 12 PSI would be standard on a 180 model or an S3, .

The AGU will be spiking MAX 8 PSI. You need to rememebr too that boost is load related. I bet if you stuck your car on a steep hill and tried again you would have full boost by 2500 rpm

Ah yes sorry guys I missed that part! It's Sunday morning and I have a stinking cold, sitting here with toilet paper stuck up my nose!

Like mark said though, boost is load related. You can try pulling away in 3rd gear for example (you'll need high revs) and it will put the engine under load and boost harder than pulling away in 1st. Or find a hill.:whistle2:

Thanks for replies guys.
I did test up a long hill, and as you say I would have expected full boost by roughly 2.5k but it just doesn't happen. I don't get to 6/7psi till about 4k.
It really makes hills hard work.
Any more ideas ?
Thanks.

Brand new N75 fitted a few weeks ago.
Ive logged MAf through VagCom and I'm getting around 80g/s max, I believe that's a little low and should be reading around 120g/s max on a standard AGU ?

Thanks for replies.

Excellent.
Cheers guys, will order a new MAF from the stealers.
Hopefully economy will improve too with new one, can't get past 27mpg no matter how steady I drive.

Excellent.
Cheers guys, will order a new MAF from the stealers.
Hopefully economy will improve too with new one, can't get past 27mpg no matter how steady I drive.

Also, if it's not the MAF - ban it straight on the Bay as brand new (since it will be pretty much) and make your hard earned spondoolies back!!