1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standard Brake Sizes

Discussion in 'A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)' started by Aber-AUDI, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Aber-AUDI

Aber-AUDI New Member

[Mar 12, 2009]
    What are the standard front and rear disc sizes on an 04 1.9tdi 130ps?

Thanks
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 25, 2014]

3. Macduff

Macduff Member

[Mar 13, 2009]
    288mm at the front.

Not sure about the rears but I wouldn't be surprised is most A4 (except the S4 and RS4) run that same size at the rear.

Dave
  4. BahnStormer77

BahnStormer77 BahnStormer

[Mar 13, 2009]
    EDIT: JUST NOTICED: I' have the filter on for A4 QUATTRO, for the FWD's may be different as they're lighter cars!

Original msg:
    Please note I've never used these suppliers myself, so not promoting them (please shop around for prices), but I just figured if they're gonna provide useful info on their site, they deserve some free advertising (and I think it would be a bit rude to swipe info fromt heir site without crediting it!).

OEM Front sizes:
    [​IMG]

OEM Rear sizes:
    [​IMG]

Or the fun stuff (if you have £1000-£2800 to throw at brakes:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
  5. coyote

coyote Member

[Mar 13, 2009]
    Fronts: 288mm
    Rears: 245mm

Get the tape measure out to double check!
  6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[Mar 13, 2009]
  7. BahnStormer77

[Mar 13, 2009]
    Aragorn - yeah - I did think those were steep (about the same price I paid for my Brembo's on the Golf!), but I'd opened about 20 tabs while searching for brake disc sizes and just taken a screen shot of that for the measurements, not the prices (I think that was early Feb, so not that out of date either).

i've got no need for discs now, but I'll grab that link of yours for future reference when I'm after a good price.
  8. BahnStormer77

[Mar 13, 2009]
    OMG - did you read the "BuyParts..." advert.

I know even once doubled up, they're still a LOT cheaper than any the other link and you would normally only buy brakes in pairs, BUT the cheek of it!!

edit: and be careful with the size selector - work out what you want to buy first as the BuyParts guide seems to use a pretty wide "brush" when recommending what you get.... still can't fault those prices ;o)
  9. devil666x

devil666x New Member

[Mar 13, 2009]
  10. BahnStormer77

[Mar 13, 2009]
    dude - start a thread next time!

not entirely off topic though.... so here goes:

Forget about stealers or any chains (Kwik'n'sh##, etc), just find a decent indy.

All but the most stuck-up garages should fit those parts no probs - just re-assure them that you take full responsibility for choice of parts to match the car.

When I started in my current area I found a decent indy and after a sevice and a repair there I got chatting to the owner and then explained what I wanted and that I wasn't trying to undercut him, but I was after better spec components (he normally insists on buying manufacturers OEM only).

So when I was looking at a Brembo GT brake upgrade for my Golf - I reassured him by saying (a) that if there was any problem with the parts, then I would chase that up with the suppliers and (b) that I was quite happy to pay labour even if they got the one wheel off, started fitting the brakes and then if it looked like the calipers wouldn't fit he could just roll it all back and I would just pay for time incurred.

It's like keeping a cab waiting - if he's on the meter, he shouldn't mind!

I guess some indies may have a less flexible policy of not accepting 3rd party parts, you ought to question how much mark up they're charging if they won't accept anything.