1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Standard Boost???

Discussion in 'A4/S4 forum(B5 Chassis)' started by Honkers, May 26, 2009.

1. Honkers

Honkers Member

[May 26, 2009]
    Will use my mates VAGCOM to log some data because I will be getting a remap in a couple of days from Chipped UK. I would like to see what boost pressure I should be at with and without remap to compare results. Can anyone tell me what PSI I should be runnning at with only Hyperboost DV installed (are these any good btw) and full Milltek with 100cell downpipes. Car is S4 facelift.
  2. Ads

Ads

[Dec 19, 2014]

3. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 26, 2009]
    Standard boost pressure is around 8psi.

I'd expect you to be up around 14-15psi after a remap.

I also wouldnt be using that company, a few members on here have had a bad time with them, and when the S4 motor costs as much as it does to put right, i'd be going to a respected garage like MRC to do the work.
  4. Honkers

Honkers Member

[May 26, 2009]
    Aragorn, thanks for the quick reply. My only problem is that my motor is in Hong Kong and I wish I could make the trip to MRC for a full remap with dyno but not possible( do they dyno the car before and after at MRC). We do have REVO, AMD , Unitronic and GIAC but they are all generic mappings. Chipped UK will send a module of some sort for me to download so I could remap myself, similar to BlueFin (but they don't do S4) in a few days so I can still put it off for a while.
    Another question, once remapped, can it be deleted and then go back to OE by? Silly question I know. I dragged race my mates Golf GTi MKV that was using Chipped UK (putting out 240hp) and both of us performing 2nd gear at 20mph up to 100mph he beat me by 1 car length.
  5. Honkers

Honkers Member

[May 26, 2009]
    Sorry one more thing , is that standard 8psi for an S4 or 1.8T?
  6. aragorn

aragorn "Stick a V8 in it!" Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 26, 2009]
    I really wouldnt advise tuning your engine without getting it properly looked over and checked out first. Mail order tuning just doesnt seem like a good idea to me.

These engines are known for boost leaks, and quite a few sensor faults and if the usual suspects are in any way marginal, tuning it could quite easily cause damage and worst case you'll end up needing two new turbos.

The chipped UK map will be just as generic as the thing your being offered locally, the module they're sending just allows you to flash the ECU yourself, rather than having them do it, but at least a local respected tuner using well known maps from companies such as REVO and GIAC can look at the vehicle and help you iron out any issues.

8psi is about standard for both the 1.8T and S4 afaik.
  7. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 26, 2009]
    I am inclined to agree with Aragorn, the St3 Flasher is a generic device, with a generic map on it. I would much rather use a slightly more respected tuner like the GIAC Flashloader or the REVO with the ST2 switching/ flashing units
  8. Dan Gliballs

Dan Gliballs Active Member

[May 30, 2009]
    Agreed,....go to a PROPER tuner.

I trust my car with very few companies, and Chimped UK isn't one of them.
  9. Honkers

Honkers Member

[May 30, 2009]
    thanks guys for your input. Bad news is my ST3 unit arrived in Hong Kong today and reading from this thread, i may have to throw my hard earned cash in the gutter and make a trip to Revo. My mate has the st3 installed in his Golf gti for a while and no problems so far and thats why i went ahead with mine. It was cheap, only 300 pounds. Can someone tell me, onced chipped with the ST3, can it be reversed back to stock?
  10. Broken Byzan

Broken Byzan Photographic Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

[May 30, 2009]
    Yes, it has your chipped map on it and you save your old one on it to revert to std at any time